What's new

I've lost my Hi-Def OTA Picture... (1 Viewer)

Dave Pobuda

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,
I've got a Mits WT-46809 with a Mits SR-HD5 Receiver. I have an OTA antenna going to the ANT in on the receiver and am using the SAT in as well, these are connected to the DTV input on back of Mits. Everything was working great. Now I have connected my analog cable feed to the ANT A input on the back of the WT-46809. When I select the ANT A input I get my cable feed. When I select the DTV input I get the SAT HD feed but there is only the channel banner and no picture for the OTA HD feed. I was going to try disconnecting the cable feed but my SO is watching CSI I thought it would be prudent to let her alone.
Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Dave

William D Cavender

Stunt Coordinator
Disconnect the roof antenna from the tele and run it into antenna input of your HD receiver. Some broadcasters send their HD/digital transmiswsions on the UHF or VHF bands, then some stations send the image in "digital NTSC" withou the HD. Good luck.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
He doesn't have the roof antenna connected to the tv, it's connected to his HD receiver as it should be. All he did was connect analog cable to his set, which can have no effect on his HD receiver or it's functionning.

The fact that he's still getting sat HD indicates that he's still getting signal from the stb to the tv, so connecting an analog cable to the tv had no effect on his previous setup.

I suspect his HD stb is malfunctionning or his antenna has come disconnected up on the roof.

Double check to make sure the antenna's going to the stb as it always was.

Reboot the HD-5, and re-enter your zip code in the local setup menu, then do a new channel scan. The HD-5 box is a clone of the Hughes E-86, notorious for losing local ota from time to time. This box is also famous for running hot and frying it's ota tuner.

Dave Pobuda

Stunt Coordinator
Well, time to get the ladder out and start checking connections. I re-booted the receiver with no luck so I am assuming that the fault lies in the outdoor connection at some point.
I'll let you know how it turns out.

Dave

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Connect the antenna directly to the TV's ANT input and see if you can pull in any OTA analog stations. If not, there is probably a connectivity problem with the antenna. If you can receive analog stations with the antenna, then there is something wrong with the OTA module in your receiver.

Dave Pobuda

Stunt Coordinator
Okay...after a trip to the roof and some basic troubleshooting...found the culprit. The UHF Pre-Amp was fried. Swapped it out and everything is working as advertised.

Thnaks for your input.

Dave ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks