What's new

It's Official, 49TX Upgrade (1 Viewer)

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
I don't know if its worth it, honestly. I'd have to yank it out & take it in for a new connector? Not sure I'm going to do that.

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
I don't think I'll take mine in for the upgrade. My 49TX is mostly used for DVD movies and games with DD5.1 or DPL2. Even though I have a DV-47A, I havn't bought any DVD-A or SACD software. I'm so used to CDs. Besides, I rather have CDs cause I can play it in my pickup.

RajeeK

Second Unit
Too much of a hassle for me to upgrade. So many connections and I have a Panny RP91 anyhow. Think I'll pass on this, but kudos to pioneer for offering it to those interested.

DanielSmi

Second Unit
I hope it adds the additional processing for plII that the 45tx has, and the USB port as well. I'd be upset if they didn't provide these. I've never heard of a company make a flagship product and the models beneath it have better features than it does. That wouldn't make any sense.

Daniel Smith

Marty Neudel

Stunt Coordinator
>I've never heard of a company make a flagship product and the models beneath it have better features than it does. That wouldn't make any sense.<

Daniel,

actually, this is fairly common. Quite often the flagship will introduce the new series and the 2d string comes 6 months later (or more). In this case the newer units may have features not on the flagship; HOWEVER, the flagship will continue to offer better sound.

Marty

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks