What's new

It was only a matter of time Infocus X1 B stock $695. (1 Viewer)

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
The dealer is also offering a one year Parts & labor warranty.
Infocus offers a 90 day, if & when they have them in stock.
Not sure if it's a good idea to post the link here.
So I will place the link in the Coupons and Bargains

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
A result of all the returns due to the rainbow problem? :)

Peace Out~:D

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
Ron,
I'm almost positive that your X1 is not in this company's inventory. :D
If I remember correctly you purchased yours directly from Infocus.
Infocus has an area within their store that sells their B stock products.
With the recent price drops on the X1, a person could have purchase this same pj weeks prior at a cost of several hundreds $ more and decided to paid a restocking fee if charged and still come ahead with the repurchase of a new X1 at $999 + -$100 rebate.
I would not blanket statement that these are all the result of all the returns due to the rainbow problem. (yes I did see the smile face at the end of your statement ;))
Many other factors come into play here, Liberal Customer service by the retailer is a huge factor.
For those on a tight budget, See if you can find a 2x speed dlp in your local area for audition, If your one of the majority that has no real annoyances to rainbow, This deal may be the one to get you off the fence.

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
I did forget to say that my replacement lamp for my Yamaha DPX dlp has a retail price tag of $599 just for the 1000 or 2000 hour lamp :thumbsdown:
Heck the X1 3000 hour replacement lamp retails at $299.
None the less, the X1 at $899 after rebate was a deal for the many customers. This deal will give you a free 3000Hr lamp at the same cost of a new retail X1 unit.

With the price of todays replacement lamps most near or over $300, this is a nice deal to pacify the ever changing market and give a person the time for prices of the latest technology to fall within the reach of the masses.
Even if you take a depreciation of 50% here, That $350.
Now I'm sure many dlp owners or any pj owners wished their depreciation could be measured in $100's instead of $1000's lost in the past year+
Just my way of looking at it.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Yeah Jerry, that was more a joke than anything due to my personal findings. These B-Stocks do not come with the 5 year bumper-to-bumper warranty as the new ones due. Something to consider if buying one of these.

The bulb life of my Panny is 5000 hours with a replacement cost of $349.00. Not too shabby.

Peace Out~:D

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
Yes Ron I did understand your statement. :)
Some may have not.
I was just making sure any new on the fence possible buyers
also understood. :)
Your personal home trial of the X1 has been well documented here,
You had plenty of good to say, It's to bad that it didn't work out for you.
New X1 DO NOT come with a 5 year bumper-to-bumper warranty.
Standard Infocus warranty is TWO years Parts & Labor, Special offer gives you an additional THREE years LABOR ONLY. There are ways to extend the Parts & Labor to THREE years with a Credit card purchase.
The B stock warranty was correctly stated at the start of this thread.
Enjoy that new 200

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks