What's new

It just never stops....xbox's october lineup looks more grim by the second (1 Viewer)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
that and ign's confirmation that hotd is beatable in a HALF and hour
What did you expect? It's an arcade style lightgun game. The previous games in the series are exactly the same.

The longterm gameplay of those style of games is highscores & skill, not "beating the game".

Damien

Supporting Actor
brian, hotd 3 is shorter than 2, there is no excuse for that imo, i think they could of packed way more into it, but i could graphics being a problem where it may of taken a lot of time to put the game together.....or maybe they rushed it..who knows

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
All I know is that tomorrow, I'm going to be getting down wit da funk, and having a blast.

Supposedly the original game is included, so that's just a bonus I've seen enough to know I'll like it

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
that and ign's confirmation that hotd is beatable in a HALF and hour is really getting me peeved at sega...they need to cut the crap and get it together....
You also neglected to say that IGN gave HOTD 3 an 8.1 citing that although the game is short you will want to play through it numerous times because its very fun and is the equal of it predecessor if not better. Not too mention that you get the second game for free and the third game includes several branching paths which up replay value.

Honestly, this is worth saying again, its a light gun and an arcade port at that. Of course its not long. If you expected it to be so you set yourself up for disappointment.

Romar Armas

Second Unit
And another thing, I've read on a lot of previews that SEGA put in tons of different paths on HOTD3 like on HOTD2. I'm not sure how much or how it works but this definitely gives the game more replay value. No matter how many times we played HOTD2, I think it was a different game each time. ;)

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
It's fairly wacky, comparing their preview from a couple of weeks back to the final review.
Previews are glorified PR releases. Indeed many publications and sites fill their previews with box-friendly laudatory remarks so they can still get their name in lights without necessarily giving the final product a good review. (I think IGN is the worst offender in this regard, not Gamespot.) In other words, previews should NEVER be taken seriously as an indication of the game's quality. Wait until the actual reviews come out......and still be skeptical because most reviews suck too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks