What's new

Is this refurbished Denon player worth the risk? (1 Viewer)

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
eCost is an authorized Denon refurb seller. Lots of people have purchase refurbed Denon units from them and I haven't heard of any problems. However, I'm not familiar with the player you are considering.

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
It's a nice player that puts out an excellent picture and the price is sure decent if it comes with a warranty. I owned the unit for a few weeks and my only gripe was with the layer change being a little slow.

Mort

Norris

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the replies.
Mort: you were the one who turned me onto the JVC plasma display. How's it working out for you? Mine's great. I'd like to move the plasma away from the tuner-box, but the supplied cable is not long enough. JVC wants $250 for a longer cable! Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
I don't think that there's anything on the after market that will work with the JVC....looks like a proprietary connection to me, so I guess you'll have to bite the bullet on that puppy. I've got an extra two or three feet on my cable that I'd be happy to send you if I could.

Love my display. I did have a problem towards the end of the first year (didn't want to fire up all the way) but got that rectified and it's been sweet ever since. When I fed a progressive signal from the 1815 to it the picture quality was every bit as good as the 2900 I replaced the 1815 with....just the layer change (which in retrospect wasn't all that bad) bothered me.

Mort

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks