What's new

Is this dvd player a good deal? (1 Viewer)

Gary_Roberts

Auditioning
I'm looking for a new DVD player and I don't have a huge budget. I'm looking at it to play movies and audio. Recently I've seen this DVD player for sale for $250 (Canadian) It looks like a really good deal because this dvd player can play CDRs, mp3 cds, and most of all it can hold 3 dvds. However, this model is a Canadian model so I haven't found much information on it, it's also made by Sanyo and I've heard bad things about them. Here's a link to the the information page
http://www.sanyocanada.com/consumer/video/dvd_120.cfm
Notice that they say the DVD player costs 450 dollars, so I am getting a good price. I just bought a Kenwood VR 505 from them for 200 dollars(Canadian again.) So does anybody have an opinion on this? my other options are a Pioneer DV 340 for $220, a Panasonic RV 21CAK for $280 and a JVC XV s30KB for $250. Thanks for any advice

Larry Hoffman

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Gary,

I've had a Sanyo DVD player that I bought at Costco a year ago last August. I've been very happy with it. From what I've read on this and other forums though, I'd take a hard look at the Panasonic RV31. It is avialable for under $300.00 and seems to be the player of choice in that price range.

I've also read a test in one of the British mags that didn't like the Sanyo as a CD player, though it did say that the picture quality was good.

Larry.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks