What's new

Is this an XBOX live charge on my CC? (1 Viewer)

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
I just checked my credit card info online and noticed a $49.99 charge from "MICROSOFT ONLINE SERVI" and I have no idea what it is. I thought for a while and figured it's probably XBOX live. Can any subscribers confirm that?

I don't even use XBL anymore and only used it for the first free year. How do I cancel it? I tried changing my CC info in the dashboard but it won't accept blank values.

David Ely

Supporting Actor
The contract you accepted by setting up a Live! account stated that you are responsible to close the account should you not want to auto-renew. I believe the only way to cancel is by calling Xbox Live! support.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
You got another year to use it now. Just mark something on your calendar so you remember to call and cancel next year.

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Yeah. I recently got charged too.
Glad to see Microsoft cares enough to let us know ahead of time they will be charging another year.
I would of kept it anyways, but at least notify me BEFORE charging me. :thumbsdown:

Brian J Dupuis

Second Unit

They did, when you originally signed up. The terms of service specified that it would be renewed automatically at the end of the term. Now, could they have been more up-front about it? Of course. But then they wouldn't have gotten the money from people that "forgot" about it. It's easier to get forgiveness than permission. :)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I called up to cancel mine the day before it expired so I wouldn't be charged... easy enough :)

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I cancelled my live account the day it showed up on my credit card. I received full refund as of today.

Hated to cancel my live service, but I just don't have the time to play anymore....

$50 for a year is a bargain though...so I almost kept it active.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I think that Microsoft should send out a courtesy email prior to charging your card for another year. I hadn't been on XBox Live for about 6 months and didn't know exactly when my year was going to expire. Luckily the CC that I gave them expired last year and they couldn't charge it again. They sent me an email telling me that my CC was expired and I needed to give them a new one or my account would be suspended. I guess my account is now suspended. :D I don't like the fact that you have to call them to cancel your account. You should be able to cancel online.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
so this begs the question, what is the phone number of Live support to call and cancel. My 1 year is coming up sometime in late February and I haven't been on Live in months so needless to say I don't plan on renewing.

Philip_S

Stunt Coordinator
They sent me a email notice about a month before my subscription ran out, since my credit card was going to expire before the renewal. I updated my credit card info the day before my Xbox Live would run out, and it didn't show up on my credit card bill for at least a month.

Ken Holmes

Stunt Coordinator
Just curious if anyone knows if I cancel my present sub can I use the free 2 month xbox live sub that comes with some games? I realize that I'll loose my gamertag but I plan on moving in the next few months and I don't know if I will use xlive much the first few months that I move.
Ken H

John-Miles

Screenwriter
One, i got an e-mail a month before my subscription ended.

and Ken, yes you can use a new 2 free months thing, it will be a new gamertag though, but aparently you can ahve 10 accoutns on the one credit card number.

Brian E

Screenwriter
Cancelled mine the day before it renewed. Just called the 800 number & told them to cancel it. Pretty painless process.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks