What's new

Is this a good site to buy region 2 disks? (1 Viewer)

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
Hello all,
Just came across this site called www.dvd.co.uk. The prices seem pretty good compared to other region 2 sites I've seen. Has anyone ordered from them before? Thanks for any feedback.:)

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
As far as prices go, it seems so. I myself have never used it, but it looks pretty professional, y'know? :)

Is there any title in particular that you are looking for? :)

Gordy

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
Hello Gordon,
Yes, I'm looking for the 2 disk special editions of LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT and PREDATOR. I currently own both region 1 versions, but I want all the features that are on them. My only concern now is, trying to avoid any customs charges that may be added to my order.

CharlieC

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry to disappoint you but this site does not ship outside of UK :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Don't know if this is any use or not, but Play.com now offer an American service called Play.USA. The address is:

http://www.playusa.com

Obviously enough, I've not used it, but I've used Play.com on lots of occasions and always found them to be excellent.

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
PlayUSA.com does ship worldwide, but I think that they only ship R1 titles, not R2 ones.....

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
Thanks for the heads-up Charlie and Mark. Both of you are correct, neither site ships outside the UK. Does anyone have any suggestions for good places to order Region 2 disks from, aside from dvdworld.co.uk?

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
IMHO, amazon.co.uk.

Don't be fooled by list prices, the big difference is that amazon UK doesn't charge VAT (i.e. sales tax). The price on the site includes tax of 17.5%, so you deduct this off list price to see what you actually pay -- assuming of course you live outside the EU. So far none of the other retailers I've come across deduct tax.

Bensonsworld gives free shipping, so on single disc items it might be cheaper, and Blackstar might also be cheaper since it charges a flat shipping charge per disc regardless of location, but on hefty box sets where the tax element makes a big difference, it's no contest price-wise, especially since amazon considers a box set "one item", whereas others may charge box sets on a per-disc basis. Service-wise they're quite good too.

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
How long does it take for items to arrive from UK to the states? Just ordered 28 Days lAter from Bensonworld.

thanks
Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks