What's new

Is there something wrong with my setup of my SVS? (1 Viewer)

Brian Bowles

Second Unit
I have the following system:
Onkyo 595
Twin SVS CS+ with s1000 amp

The bass is great on DVDs but I noticed something while watching Star Wars on VHS. The bass is obviously much less because it is on VHS. The thing is that the bass is much greater while the reciever is set to "all channel" than when it is on "pl movie II". I assume that pl movie II is surround and all channel is not. Is there a reason why the bass is much greater on all channel. It really sounds great! I do have the Cinema RQ switched to off.

John F. Palacio

Supporting Actor
Brian, I am not familiar with the Onkyo 595. I would check and make sure that the 2 channel setup (which I assume is how you are running the VHS into the system) has the main speakers to "small" and the subwoofer to "on".

It is possible that this receiver has a different setup settings for 5.1 and stereo.

Make sure that the VHS desk is outputting the "Hi-Fi" tracks and not the longitudinal tracks.

This is at least a start.

Brian Bowles

Second Unit
I will double check maybe it is set to larger on the speakers or something while on pro logic. It works great on dvds.

John F. Palacio

Supporting Actor
"Anyone? Ron or Tom?"

Brian: The situation here is that this is not really a subwoofer problem, but either a setup or receiver glitch.

If your "bass is great with DVD's" that exonerates the subs.

Did you do research on the settings of your receiver?
Also on your VCR to make sure it is outputting the Hi-Fi tracks as opposed to the analog?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks