What's new

Is there anything I can do to play DVD-A (dd track) on my computer!?!? (1 Viewer)

Adam.Heckman

Second Unit
I would love to be able to listen to a few of my DVD-As at work. They play on 'regualar' dvd players with DD tracks, and my computer has a dvd drive. However, when I put it in, it doesn't recognize it. What gives and what can I do?? Thanks in advance for any responses.

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerald LaFrance
Hi you would need a DVD-A software player to play it at work or on any computer, but if you dont have a 5.1 speaker setup you wouldnt here all the sound?? do you have a 5.1 setup at work??

I bought a Audigy 2 which came with the Software DVD-A player. :D

I read they play on some DVD players but NOT in full DVD-A Quality!! you would need a DVD-A player or a Universal player "Pioneer 578a" for example.

DD is that Dolby Digital??

Adam.Heckman

Second Unit
DD is Dolby Digital. And I figure, that if I watch a DVD on my comp that is encoded in DD, and can put on headphones and here it, then I should be able to do this with DVD-A. I realize that I won't get full benifit from it, but I'm just at work and want to listen to the music, because for a while, I don't have time at home, where I do have a Pio 563a Universal hooked into a Denon 1604.

Interesting to hear that an audigy 2 comes with the software for DVD-A playback.

Does anyone know if there is any software out there for download? A search on download.com didn't come up with much.

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
Adam,
The creative audigy 2 DVD-A software will only work with a audigy 2 card. btw: I have a spare audigy 2 SB0240 card, pm if interested. These cards also come with 1394 firewire ports.

Darryl

Stunt Coordinator
All I can say is that my computer plays the DVD-V (DD) portion of DVD-As with no special software and with no problems...just looks like a movie to my computer.

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
Darryl,
That is correct, that sound track is the mpeg compressed data track or pcm. The high res dvd-a track will need special software and hardware such as the audigy 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks