What's new

Is there any problems with the Denon Dvd-2800 MKII??? (1 Viewer)

Brian Mixon

Agent
I just purchased a Denon dvd-2800 MKII for $400 off the show floor, and an additional $65 for a four year warranty. After reading the description of the dvd performance in visuals and audio I figured this model was just as good as the Dvd-3800 in that aspect. But I just now came acrossed alot of bad reviews on the dvd-2800 at Audio reviews, but I dont know if they were talking about the MKII version or not. Is there any substantial problems with this model? Please tell me if you know because the deal is final tomorrow?
One option that ive been pondering on is slappin down another $600 or so for the Dvd-3800 (especially if there is problems with the Dvd-2800 MKII). Accept I dont know if the dvd movie performance on the 3800 is superior enough to justify the cost differential. ((Deperately in need of responsive assistance))

Luis S

Supporting Actor
2800,2800MKII, and even some 3800's had various problems including freezing and or stuttering playback. These were very problematic though some have gotten lucky with units built at a later date with a certain serial numbers(s). Get a 1600 or 2900. Those have been problem free. At least mine has anyway :D DENON is coming out with a few more players soon as well. One that seems like a toned down 2900 for about $600 bucks! Worth looking into Id say. Anyhow hope this helps.

Later,

Luis S

Brian Mixon

Agent
Thank you very much for clearing that up.
I think you just made my mind up.
Pretty sure the 2900's gonna have to get purchased.

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Hey glad I could help! :) If your looking into the 2900 just be aware of the 2200(?) thats due soon. Has almost the same specs at half the cost! Wouldve definately been a contender if I hadnt gotten the 2900. Also there have been (though very few) 2900's that were a bit buggy. For most there has not been a problem but definately a reason to buy from an authorised dealer. Or at least someone who wont give you any hassle about returning a unit if its defective.

Good Luck! Let us know what you think of the new player!

Luis S

James Costin

Agent
Can any of you guys please tell me if the Denon 2900 model has the ability to record on DVD using either DVD-R's or DVD-RW's?
Also for any forum members who have bought the 2900 can you tell me if its worth splashing out the cash on it or if its worth waiting for a different model.
Can you also think of any other alternative model's that might be cheaper, as I am considering buying the 2900, but have to think of my limited budget.

Luis S

Supporting Actor
First the 2900 does not record at all. Is it worth the extra cash? For me it was a no brainer. Easily the most beautiful machine Ive owned yet. Both in output quality and looks/buid.

As I said look at the new 2200. Very similar to the 2900 but almost half the price. Though Im sure build quality is a bit less beefy, it should still be a helluva unit.

Later,

Luis S

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
I cuncur with luis. The 2900 is easily on one of, if not the, best universal player on the market. Its video is top notch. The upcoming dvd-2200 is set to become the hot item at $600. it should be darn close to the quality of the 2900.

Brian Mixon

Agent
Well... the 2900 is bought an paid for.
It definitely seemed like the very best possible choice(the freakin thing sounds like its gonna be perfect in every way). Its going to be installed some time in the next couple weeks along with my new tv,reciever, and surround, so I'll know exactly what I think upon completion of a week or two of sleepless nights. This is my first step into progressive scan, but in actuallity its a gargantuan leap. I gotta suck system like you would'nt believe as far as my wanna be 5.1 and dvd player goes. But thats all about to change in every single way and more, and I just might go mental waiting for it. Thanks again for the advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks