What's new

Is there a service menu fix for bowing horizontal lines on a Toshiba TV? (1 Viewer)

Blaine Skerry

Second Unit
Straight horizontal lines dip down slightly on the right side of my Tosh TV and I would love to be able to give the line a l'il boost. Can it be done without destroying the known universe or should I go away and learn to live with it? Feel free to comment even if it makes no sense. I need some distraction.

Brian Schucher

Supporting Actor
I dont know which model Toshiba you have but Im pretty sure they all have service level geometry settings to fix that prob. I have done it on mine but that was a few years ago. Search HomeTheaterSpot for advice..

Blaine Skerry

Second Unit
The service menu settings seem to deal only with vertical linearity and not horizontal linearity. The KEOHI site has some tantalizing info about the ADDR mode and horizontal linearity but unless you know exactly which settings do what, it's a big risk. I'm too much the novice to go fooling around in ADDR mode without some professional guidance.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Just do the 56 point convergence and see if it helps...that is if u know how to get to the service menu....

Blaine Skerry

Second Unit
I guess I should mention that I have a direct view TV(30HF83) and that convergence is not an issue. Does anybody know if horizontal linearity can be adjusted from either the service menu or the ADDR menu?

madisonhack

Auditioning
Real Name
robert crawford
I have a Samsung TXM3098WHF CRT television with a similar problem, the vertical lines of a test pattern bow in on the right and bow out on the left sides of the screen. That is a horizontal linearity problem. What you describe is a vertical linearity problem. I am waiting for the service manual to arrive before I do any adjustments in the service menu, but I have confirmed that there are several horizontal linearity adjustments as well as vertical adjustments. You should use a standard test pattern such as a cross-hatch generator or one from a DVD source before you adjust anything. Also - if your set exhibits more than a slight abberation (5% or so) of either vertical or horizontal nonlinearity, you probably have a component problem that cannot be serviced in this manner.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks