What's new

Is there a list somewhere with the best movies for sound and quality? (1 Viewer)

Dustin Wind

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking for a movie list for the best sound and quality for DvD's.

I just recently bought a 65 inch widescreen HD TV with a Yamaha 6.1 receiver and pioneer audio DvD player, not to mention the $300 monster powerbar and about $1500 in cables.

So now its time to get some kick ass movies to enjoy.
I own about 50 DvD's now and have some great ones that i see listed on the forums that people reccomend...LotR EE, SST Superbits, Ep 1 and 2, black hawk down, shrek ETC.

but i'm looking for some kind of list if someone has one with the best sounding DvDs and best picture quality to blow my friends away when they come over in 9 days and see my new set up.

Thanks a ton in advance.

Elias A.

Stunt Coordinator
I think it would be hard to go wrong with any of these discs, for either picture or sound:

Fellowship of the Ring: Extended Edition (or theatrical version for that matter)
Toy Story 1 & 2
Shrek
Spider Man
Chicken Run
Saving Private Ryan
A Bug's Life
Monster's Inc.
Star Wars, Episodes 1 & 2

Also, I suspect that LOTR: The Two Towers is going to be a reference quality disc as well. Likewise, Finding Nemo is probably going to be awesome, but it's still a few months away.

WillKTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
You already have some of the better ones, but here's some more:

Jurassic Park DTS
Superspeedway DTS or DD mixes
Fifth Element (Superbit)
Blade II
Contact
Fight Club
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
Gladiator
Independence Day
Pearl Harbor
Haunting DTS
Terminator II
Matrix
Titan Ae

Check out widescreenreview for more info on any particulars that you may have in mind.

Enjoy the new gear!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks