What's new

Is There a Good Single Ear Headphone (Ear Bud) for Ipod Nano? (1 Viewer)

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Didn't know where to ask this. I need to be able to answer the phone so I guess I would need a single ear type of headphone for an Apple Ipod Nano. Or can you use the supplied ear buds just in one ear without missing half the stereo soundtrack. Or does the Nano give the option of mono output?

Does anyone know of a good one? By headphone, I really mean something like an Ear Bud.

Thanks

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
There are a lot of earpieces that will convert stereo to mono and send it to one ear (musician monitors, etc.). Peruse these at a professional musician's supply. However, the human brain is used to hearing info in both ears. The single earbud will never result in a good level of sound quality.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
If you're playing them so loudly that you can't hear the phone, you're definitely going to lose audio balance. It's going to annoy the heck out of you when you listen to stuff coming from a pair of headphones or speakers and hear more from the left or right. I can wear the stock iPod earbuds at work and still hear the phone ring.

You can buy a stereo-to-mono headphone adapter at Radio Shack: http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

chris_everett

Second Unit
!!!WARNING!!!
Using a single earbud is bad for your hearing. Due to psycoaccoustic effects, you will end up turning the volume of a single earbud way up, to the point that it will, over (not much) time, damage your hearing. I would highly recommend using one of the products that DaveF suggested.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks