What's new

Is the Rat Shack Solution the best?? (1 Viewer)

Gary PT

Agent
...to the ever increasing problem of two 5.1 devices (SACD and DVD-A) and one set of preamp inputs? I know many use two of R.S.'s A/V switchboxes together as a solution. It seems cost effective, but somehow not ideal. any other ideas?

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Gary, perhaps a more convenient solution is the Sony TA-P9000ES multi-channel analog pre-amp or a receiver with two sets of multi-channel inputs. Oade Bros. sells the 'P9000ES for around $450. The only receivers I am aware of at present that have two sets of multi-channel inputs are the Sony STR-DB1070, 'DA3ES, and 'DA5ES and the Denon AVR-5803. Obviously, the Radio Shack switch boxes are much cheaper than any of these solutions. I use the Radio Shack switch boxes, and they work perfectly. It is true that I have to get up to switch the boxes when I want to switch sources, but these boxes were only $30. For a mere $30, I can live with this "inconvenience". :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks