What's new

Is TCM in trouble? (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Noir Alley movie "Desperate" is on the app this morning but wouldn't play.
Now, the movie "Desperate" has been deleted from the app. Perhaps, they're working on it and will add it again later on. Also, Gigi wasn't added to the app today, however, they have the host's comments on it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Someone’s probably already said this, but isn’t it time TCM had a stand-alone streaming app d so I that those of us who want to be truly free of cable cords can enjoy it?
People have said that several times in this thread.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Someone’s probably already said this, but isn’t it time TCM had a stand-alone streaming app d so I that those of us who want to be truly free of cable cords can enjoy it?
Amen!!
The Daily Show Reaction GIF by The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

uncledougie

Premium
Real Name
Doug
The Complete August "Summer Under the Stars" Schedule:

What a great line up of stars, some quite unexpected and all the more welcome: The Nicholas Brothers, Joan Blondell, Katy Jurado, Geraldine Chaplin, Woody Strode…and many more of the bigger names, all very nicely chosen. Should afford an opportunity toward greater appreciation of these classic stars and lesser known but brilliant talents.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Now, the movie "Desperate" has been deleted from the app. Perhaps, they're working on it and will add it again later on. Also, Gigi wasn't added to the app today, however, they have the host's comments on it.
Desperate has not returned to the app. However, Gigi was addded back to the app and it plays without any problems. Matter of fact, the app has been working fine for several days except for a few issues over this past weekend.

DarkVader

Second Unit
Real Name
Carlos
The Complete August "Summer Under the Stars" Schedule:

Eh, the majority of these stars they've done before so much so that it's taken all this time to get around to people like Jackie Cooper and Anthony Perkins!

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
Has anyone noticed any blatant censorship applied on TCM? I ask because a user on Film Score Monthly stated that they altered the ending of Gigi to have an orchestral version of the title song instead of a performance of the song itself when, to the best of my knowledge, that scene has always been an orchestral version of the song. I would just like to confirm if anyone else has noticed something like this before I declare it a false alarm.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Has anyone noticed any blatant censorship applied on TCM? I ask because a user on Film Score Monthly stated that they altered the ending of Gigi to have an orchestral version of the title song instead of a performance of the song itself when, to the best of my knowledge, that scene has always been an orchestral version of the song. I would just like to confirm if anyone else has noticed something like this before I declare it a false alarm.
I just checked TCM, the musical number at the end of Gigi is the same as the 2009 Blu-ray except the BD has 5.1 audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks