What's new

Is it worth buying from a "Denon authorized dealer/on-line E-tailer"?? (1 Viewer)

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
Rob Jo.

6th Ave (Steve) sold me a 3802 for 800.00 plus shipping. They are an aurthorized dealer. In fact, I'm having a problem with the receiver and they are swapping it out next week for another one, no problems at all. Here's their website link.

6th Ave Website

Hope this helps,

ROB! Hey! Whats wrong with zeeee 3802?

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
Warranty for 3802 in the box says authorized dealer!
So buy a Sony DA5ES=quote=
Thank you for contacting SONY.
We apologize for this situation.
"ES" is defined as "Elevated Standard", and our Sony ES series
products have
the following features:
1. 5-year warranty on ES products sold after April 1997
2. Some gold plated jacks
3. Special Dealer base and Limited distribution
4. Newest technology
5. Better construction
Your warranty will be honored at any Sony authorized servicer or Sony
Service
Center and you will only need your copy of a bill of sale for proof of
purchase.
Thank you for the opportunity to be of assistance.
=Quote
or onkyo 898 and skip the crap, or get the Denon from 6th ave and hope they don't remove dealers from their list. This is not good folks, but my Denon is from a real dealer at a reasonable cost.
NO HASSTLE COMPANIES
JVC/Sony/Onkyo/GE/RCA/Pro Scan/Pioneer/Kenwood/Technics=receipt and you are in business, if its new and has an original serial number(although most of these don't even mention the serial number at their site.
If the 3802 had been $50 more I would have jumped on the Sony 5es. 898 for you thx freaks.
ROB/ask Steve where my remote is! :D :angry: :emoji_thumbsup: :cool:

J

John Morris

Guys: I have a solution with how to deal with price fixing companies like Denon. DON'T BUY THEIR PRODUCTS IN THE FIRST PLACE. Supporting companies with "have your cake and eat it too" policies like Denon just serves to encourage them and others to tighten their grip on their dealers and YOUR wallet.

There are planty of manufacturer's who make gear at least as good, some better, than Denon and who don't try to control the marketplace and regulate the dealer's business while hosing the consumer by artificially fixing the prices of their units.

One example would be the new Sherwood Newcastle receivers and the Outlaw 1050. There aren't many receivers which can match the new SN R-963 in either features and sound quality, especially for what you can buy one of these for. Harmon Kardon, Pioneer and Kenwood also make some comparable receivers which are easily bought at reduced pricing online, with the companies warranty intact.

Finally, if you absolutely are hooked on Denon, look up your local dealer and then call Denon and tell them that you will not do business with your local dealer due to bad customer service from them in the past, and ask them for the names and phone numbers of some online or other dealers that you may purchase from. At least that way, you can play one dealer against another... Good Luck!

MatthewJ S

Supporting Actor
If your willing to spend the time fighting warranty issues in court, feel free ,but another tid-bit you might consider is that I have seen a couple of companies refuse to ship parts to our service center on equipment purchased from unauthorized dealers...in one case the customer had insisted that the dealer was authorized but the mnfctr said that while they were an authorized "retailer" they were not an authorized "e-tailer"! and that people have to check the part of the mnfgrs site that lists who is authorized to sell on-line......this has also prevented some people from being able to get up-grades on upgradable equipment! I'm sure if you don't mind the wait ,the hassle, the legal fees,etc. that eventually you may get satisfaction but to me thats like spending $400 to save $200.....Ask yourself what do I make an hour and how much time can I invest in this hassle?

jason celaya

Stunt Coordinator
For what these online dealers charge for the recievers you can buy two of them if it didnt work the first time. I bought one from a etailer and have not had any probs.

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
Well this is all a moot point, since we have 6th ave, JR, Oades, Onecall, and others that sell as authorized dealers for all their products. New 6thave server is up and has an interesting box on that topic. I almost went Sony because of the Denon issue on dealers. But 6th Ave is on the Denon site as authorized and has great prices.
I still wonder if the 5ES would have been better for my needs with the equalizer for each channel.
Too bad I can't have two.:D :D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks