What's new

Is it only Alpha that make thick double keepcases? (1 Viewer)

Mark_Paul

Agent
The only Alpha case I own is Elite's 2-disc Re-animator, and I'm desperate to get rid of it. I've searched for a thick double with user-friendly hubs with no joy. There has to be another company making them, surely? Have any of you seen or heard of this holy grail? The Alpha case is a sick joke, it beggers belief that some studios put their movies in these cases.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Alpha as far as I am aware is the only company that makes fat double keepcases. I have a whole lot of these kind of keepcases & I have absolutely no problem using them. It is user friendly for me.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Alpha cases are very user-friendly. Just pinch the 2 tabs and lift out. They're also the best hubs at preventing floaters without making it a massive production to get the disc out

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
Double Alphas *rock. Just as much as single Alphas. Alphas are the best DVD cases available. Hubs are easily worked, durable, and hold the discs properly (never had a loose disc in an Alpha, while Snappers and snapper-derivatives often have discs pop free and rattle around during shipping or store stocking). Plus Alphas don't have the stupid flap on the right front.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I have no problem with the Alpha case. I do have a question a long the same line. Dose Alpha make a single width case that holds 2 disc like the Star Wars DVDs cases? If so, where can you buy them? I just like the single width but haven't been able to find anyone who makes replacement case that size that also holds 2 disc.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
No they don't make one because of how the tray area is designed

Both Alpha and Amaray designs are now owned by NexPack FYI

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
Amaray also made fat double cases once - don't know if they are still used. The European "Mummy - UE" was in this type of case.

Joel C

Screenwriter
I'm honestly bewildered by all the complaints about alphas I've read over the years. Removing the discs is very simple, I can do it one-handed, and you certainly don't need a flat surface. Maybe it was all the video games I played as a kid that improved my coordination.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Mark, yes, it's very simple

So simple that I can do it with half my body over the side of the bed with one hand :)

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I just like the single width but haven't been able to find anyone who makes replacement case that size that also holds 2 disc.
Chris, check on ebay. I almost bid on some the other day - $9.99 for 15 cases that went unsold - until I realized I truly need just one of these cases (for E.T.).

I'm sure you'll find some there.

Jon

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
Actually, I think there is another company that makes a case that looks exactly like the Alpha double case, but is made of much cheaper plastic, and doesn't have the Alpha logo in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks