What's new

Is it just me or does the Outlaw 950 perform modestly on 2 ch playback? (1 Viewer)

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
Interesting. I implemented a "quick & dirty" shunt on the stepped attenuator in my Foreplay preamp, didn't take it all the way to the "single resistor in signal path" design.
The Ayre volume control does seem pretty over-the-top :)

BruceD

Screenwriter
Larry.

Actually you don't need an HT bypass on the 2-channel stereo preamp to integrate it with a pre-pro in the same way that you've done it. I also have my L&R amp channels driven from the stereo pre-amp and have the prepro off when listening to 2-channel music.

I use a Parasound dual-mono stereo preamp with a "cap-less input" called "direct" for my 2-channel CD. The only difference is that when listening to HT I need to synchonize the stereo volume control to the reference 12 o'clock position. My 2-channel music from CD uses the 9 o'clock stereo preamp volume position.

Larry B

Screenwriter
Bruce:

I understand, and agree. All that is needed in the stereo preamp is a unity gain position.

Larry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks