What's new

Is it just me, or does the Agency suck? (1 Viewer)

Don Black

Screenwriter
I was just overwhelmed by all of the characters. And the plot seemed a little cheesy. I expected a lot more from such a veteran cast. Hopefully, Alias will be better.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't say it sucks, but there's definitely a little room for improvement. For example, if they would limit the mentions of the Gil Bellows character's dead brother to 467 per hour, that would be a real improvement. :)
I did like what I saw last night, though - good, Tom Clancyesque spy stuff with a really excellent cast. I'm not sure how they can keep up the dry, procedural tone of the show before starting to do more interpersonal or multi-episode stories; but then again, "Law & Order" has lasted ten years.

Don Black

Screenwriter
I dunno .. to me, it just seemed like a messy plot. Certainly, the acting was good but the script was terrible. Exploding spinklers? Ugh, how VIP. =)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Who knows what happened in the pilot. Things might not be clear because the pilot wasn't shown.
Gord

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
No, it was me too. I felt like I knew what was going to happen right after it started. You'd think that with the CIA, the plots would be longer, or at least more complicated! It's just one less show I'll be watching.
Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks