What's new

Is Interflex Z-300 cable OK for component video? (1 Viewer)

Sergey M

Stunt Coordinator
Just wondering if I've been using the right cables all of this time. Would appreciate any comments. Thanks.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Depends on which Interflex Z300 you're using. Liberty does a stupid ass job with their labling system. For example, in a one meter length, they sell both composite and component in the Z300 line labled Z300NV1THX and Z300NCV1THX respectively. So if you've got the NCV one you're all set. If you've got the NC one, then its the wrong one.

Sergey M

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for your reply.

I have 2-meter cables. And no, they don't have any distinct markings as you've described it. The connectors are color-coded and have "component video" written on piece of what looks like paper that goes around the connector. I don't know how much I can trust just that to say they are component video cables.

I recall seeing some posts about Interflex Z-300 cables causing interference. That's what prompted my post. I've got the cables way back from OneCall and they've been nothing but honest up until now. So I hope I have the right stuff.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Damned if I know Sergey and the only thing I can suggest is that you either contact Liberty (they've got a toll free #) and/or Onecall to resolve your question. People have problems and when they're not investigated thoroughly, sometimes false conclusions are reached. For example, if the best of cables (whatever that means!) had a manufacturer's defect such as a bad cable to RCA connection or was abused by the owner by yanking on the wire, then you sure could have interference problems. OTOH, if they were in fact composite instead of component and were sufficiently long enough, that might've been responsible for that poster's observations.

Liberty's been in the business for a while and with any company out there, you're going to get the occasional defect. Human nature being what it is, we'll vocally complain when we think we've been wronged and keep silent when all is well. This tends to blow up perceptions of quality disproportionally and can make a 0.001% failure rate sound more like its 90%. And these complainers will keep on complaining at every chance they get to make sure that even the people in the cemetary hear it. If only Vito Corleone were alive, he'd bitch slap them and tell them to stop whining.
Once you get your question answered satisfactorily, I'd just move on.

Sergey M

Stunt Coordinator
As I mentioned earlier, the cables seem to be fine. I'm just wondering if I have the right stuff for the job. As you've suggested I might give Liberty a call. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks