What's new

Integra DRC-R1 pre (1 Viewer)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I picked up one of these a few months back to replace the Onkyo 1030 receiver I'd been using for a pre since I won it in a contest on this forum last year. This pre came with Atmos and DTS-X processing. All the HDMI inputs are HDCP 2.2 . I have it setup with 5 power amplifiers in an 11 channel configuration that includes 4 ceiling speakers. I can't find anything to dislike about it. I don't use any of the network features so far. I do have a bunch of components hooked up to it, 2 UHD-BD players, a Wee-jun emancipated BD player, HD-DVD, Tivo, D-VHS, and an LD player....in a pear tree....;)

The only thing unusual about the R1 is that it doesn't have separate On and Off Power Buttons like most units have had in recent years. That doesn't bother me but it might bother some that use certain system remotes.

The processing for Atmos and DTS-X is spectacular. What's really amazed me has been how well legacy discs have been processed up to 11 channels. About 2 weeks ago I played that ol, 50's soap, From Here To Eternity on BD. It was all dialog-driven until Pearl Harbor was bombed. Then, the ceiling speaker boomed to life with planes and bullets howling. I've watched a bunch of movies with aircraft and the pre spits out some very good ceiling effects for these legacy discs, Dark Blue World DVD and Red Tails on BD both excelled when processed into 11 channel. You use Dolby Surround mode for any Dolby Digital disc and DTS Neural X for anything DTS. It doesn't seem that far behind the new discs with Atmos or DTS-X.

If you don't want a pre, Integra has receivers with the same ergonomics and plentiful inputs. I'm gonna be happy with the DRC-R1 for many years to come.
CAT POWER and THEATRE SYSTEM 008.JPG
CAT POWER and THEATRE SYSTEM 011.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks