What's new

Integra 6.3/7.3 (1 Viewer)

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
Did a little searching and didn't find much. Anyone own or listened to these receivers? They seem to be feature packed and can be found for reasonable prices used. Looking to possibly use one as a pre/pro. I loved the sound of my old Onkyo 595 so if Integra is the higher end line then my thinking is that I'll love the sound. I'd like to get opinions though.

Kevin_F

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't listened to those, but I did listen to the 5.5 (I know it is a newer model) and loved the sound. I preferred it to a Denon 3805 and Marantz 5500. I ended up purchasing an Integra 6.5, going to pick it up this weekend :)

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
Is it true that the 6.4 has 7 channel pre-outs? The Integra page says so but I wonder why they would only have 6 channel amplification.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Yes, it's true. The 6.4 came out at the tail end of 6 channel receivers (most are now 7 channel). It also has digital bass management and speaker distance settings available for its MCH input, a feature I use regularly with my universal hi-res player. It does apply a layer of A/D/A but the DACs are of sufficiently high quality that I've noticed no sonic degradation. The flexible xover settings and speaker distance settings available with my receiver are better than what I have with my player (it's like having a digital version of the Outlaw ICBM plus speaker distance settings, though you can't set different xovers for each individual speaker--not that I'd want to anyway).

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
Well I was bidding on an Integra 7.3 that I lost by a last second bid. I was paying a little more than I intended to for it so in the end it saved me some cash, but it went for a pretty low price ($575). I'll have to keep my eye out for more Integra items. Anywhere else I should check besides ebay?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks