What's new

Inside Pitch HTF League (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
OK I've read enough that I'm gonna Bite on Inside Pitch. I have a few games I can trade for the Joy of Online BB. I am interested in Starting a HTF league. If you guys are interested let me know. Obviously We'll be limited to American and National League Teams. We'll have to set Ground rules as to Amount of Innings,number of games per season, Camera Views etc.
I guess the game has some good Built in Defense against disconnects.

We can track Teams Wins and losses here, pick division winners, and make our way to the world Series.
If Interested Email Me at [email protected]
I'll track the team W/L record in Excel. Should We allow players to pick their teams? If so I'll Take the Bosox.

Whatcha All think?

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Im going to see what everyone says the next few days , and if its good online ill pick it up along with Motogp 2 this weekend. Too many games so little time :).

So if i get it count me in as the mets.
They cant be any worse then there real life counterparts

Bryan_ZZ

Stunt Coordinator
Atlanta Braves for me! They'll lead this league too...

Oh - sorry. The trash talk is for the RtCW thread! :D

Bryan / Audie Murphy / Bobby Cox

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
I hate to say it but I might head out now and buy Inside Pitch, sense either of my Blockbuster's have any idea WTF is going on. I call the Mariners, if you need help with a site let me know, I have html skills but more importantly I shit load of free time.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
like i mentioned in the MotoGP thread. if you guys want I can host all the standings and stats on the group play site. Let me know. Ill be creating sections for multiple games the next few weeks

capt

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I picked it up so im In. So many live games.

Dave i sent you a PM about the league

capt

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Im going to start playing IP tommorow night. Along with Motogp2 to is going to be a non stop gaming weekend

capt

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
I have just played 5 full games of Inside Pitch online and my impressions are as follows.

I am really surprised at the wide variety of hits and outs in this game. I have hit plenty of gappers, fly outs, line drives, ground outs, foul balls, fouls straight back, and even a few homeruns. I even pulled off a suicide squeeze to win a game, how rad is that.

The fielding is decent but could be better. However I have turned double plays when I should have. The one thing that I find really annoying is that all of the throws from yuor outfielders are very floaty, like a beachball flying in. I think that if you run towards the bases before you throw they throw it harder but I haven't had extensive tests on this theory yet.

Batter Pitcher interface is an exact replica of high heat, no joke. However it does not perform as well as high heat because if you have a good pitcher like a number 1 or number 2 starter and you pick a strike, yuo throw a strike, same thing for choosing a ball. However when playing online it is easy enough to mix up pitches and I was dominating people with Jamie Moyer and his wicked changeup. Another thing is that pitchers have waaay to much stamina, but if you play against people who prefer a realistic game, you can take him out for a reliever, but it still keeps them pitching extremely well into the late innings.

You can use your created players online which is very nice.

In closing if you are buying this for the single player game I have a piece of advice, don't. There are much better single player games out there that play better for one person. I have had a blast playing this game online and that was against random people who I didn't know, playing against people that I knew would make this game an absolute blast. It's not to much of a sim but not to arcadey which I like when playing against other people. If you want a great online baseball game then buy this game, or at least give it a try, despite the bad reviews.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I got it for the online play anyway. NHL2k3 and NFL2k3 have spoiled me to no end. i cant play vs the comp anymore. Its just too easy and annoying

capt

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Joey I've played very few Online NHL2K3 games, so if you ever want to give me a invite online I'll Play

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
You got it dave. Except at the moment Im playing MOtogp2, inside pitch, wolfenstein , mech and PSo. So many games , but i may be able to squeeze in a NHL game. with so many games coming im glad microsoft is going to update live so you can talk cross game. That way you can know if someone is trying to contact you

capt

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I had'nt heard about Cross Talking what's the details on that? I'm hoping to pick up MOTOGP 2 this weekend

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I know you will be able to contact people inside a game somehow. It should be intresting

capt

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Just thought I would ask just how many people we have interested in a league. After playing about 5-7 games online I am really anxious to play some people from HTF.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Hey brett if you would have waited 3 minutes for my Inside pitch to load last night we could have played. I got your invite, accepted and the darn game took a while to load

capt

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Lame, sorry about that dude. If you want to play sometime just give me an email or post here or what not. I have no life and am on mostly all day.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'm trying to get a league together and would be more than happy to play as the Bosox

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
We only have 4 people on this thread that want in. Hopefully there are more out there

capt

David Broome

Stunt Coordinator
Count me in. And I want the Royals. Of course, I won't have the game for a few days, but when I get it I'm in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks