Inside PItch Anyone?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Brett Hancock, May 20, 2003.

1. Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock Supporting Actor

I know that alot of people probably have no faith in this game but I think it could turn out to be decent. I was wondering if anyone is planning on picking it up or at least renting it when it comes out tommorrow. I plan on giving it a rental tommorrow and I will be looking for some to play against. And hey if it turns out to be a good game we need an htf league.

2. Bryan_ZZ

Bryan_ZZ Stunt Coordinator

Brett,

I'm looking for it as well. Let's hook up for a few games this weekend.

Bryan

3. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Every magazine or site ive read who previewd it said it was the worst baseball game this year. I was really looking forward to Inside pitch but if im going to spend $50 ill do it on MotoGP which i know will be good

capt

4. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I'm gonna give it the Old $6 Rent. That way I don't blow $50. I can give it a good week tryout before making a decision. Hopefully Hollywood video get it in Next week sometime. I'll be looking for some of you guys online to try it out. Moto GP I'm definately down for, just gonna wait for a good sale price.

5. Brett Hancock

Gamepro gave it a 4/5 and X-Box Magazine gave it a 75/100.

6. Joel Hurley

Joel Hurley Stunt Coordinator

-Brett, I've been waiting to hear anything about this game, as I would love to play the American Pasttime online, but I've been discouraged by the lack of info on this game up till now. I'll keep an open mind, so please keep us informed about your impressions.

Live Tag -JTello

7. Brett Hancock

Will do, I'm not entirely sure when Blockbuster gets in there new games so I will either have it today or friday. Whenever I get it I will go a few rounds online and post my impressions.

8. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

I'll probably give it a rental along with Wolfenstein(assuming the lone copy they have gets returned soon [​IMG] )

9. Brett Hancock

I was just reading around on the Operation Sports Forums and someone has played the demo and his main fault was that It was way to easy to hit and that you could not turn a double play to save your life. However he could not access the options menu so who knows if you can make it more difficult. However if this is just the fault of the CPU and Ai being to easy to hit off of due to pitch selection and what not then online play would fix this problem, so we will just have to wait and see

10. Bryan_ZZ

Bryan_ZZ Stunt Coordinator

The online component could make all the difference. I am a big fan of WS2K3 and appreciate its polish. Being able to play and talk with a friend online can go a long way to helping me look past some first year problems.

I am looking at this the same way I did the first time I logged on to Xbox Live - I was ecstatic to be playing Re-Volt! Now what does that say?? [​IMG]

11. Brett Hancock

From operation sports again

Yeah, I know. But I'm actually enjoying the right-stick method. It feels ... smoother. But it just takes some adjustment.

Other, random thoughts based on very little gameplay:

• The cameras are nice - very "broadcast". I noticed in particular, a throw I made from third to first. immediately after the throw, I got a head-on shot of the first baseman catching the ball. Seemed cool
      Timing definitely affects where the ball is going. Hit early to pull ....
      The baserunning animations seems to be missing a few frames ... a little stuttery.
      Pitch selection is a big adjustment from other titles. 4 pitches at most. Hideo Nomo only had three.
      Rosters update. I just noticed that in "Team Manager" (the roster editing section on the main menu), there is a selection to "Use Downloaded Rosters". It's greyed out at present.

not sounding to shabby, I am going to rent it asap.

12. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    On My Lunch I saw they had it at the Local KB store. I'm hearing Basically positive things. Stadiums are gorgeous,supposedly the batter/pitcher interface is a bit different, I hear most of people's problems disaapear if you play online. I'm waiting to hear a bit more on this and I might trade in a few games for it.

13. Brett Hancock

There was another impression for x-box live play posted on operation sports sense its very lengthy I will just provide a link. In short it sounds like the game is good online, and that all the problems with AI and computer are gone, obviously

Linkage for You

14. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

To me, that seems kind of strange. That the only way to cover up flaws in the game is to have to play it against someone else.

I guess I'll stick with WSB for the time being.

Glen

15. Brett Hancock

I meant that if the flaws deal with the computer being to easy and it being to easy to hit and you don't play against the computer, then maybe those flaws go away.

16. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Played my first online game last night I hosted , on my DSL Line the game was pretty smooth, there was a bit of a lag sometimes when you swung but that really seemed to be on my connect, My DSL isn't the best. Overall it's a pretty fun and decent game of Baseball online Pitchng and fielding was pretty responsive. I'll have to play a few more games to get a better overall feel. But my initial Feeling is not bad for a first try. The Standalone single player side in't bad but it's no High Heat, the commentary and play by play with Joe Buck and Tim Mcarver thou is outstanding. I switched the throwing buttons to the conventional layout as I could'nt get used to using the Right Thumbstick. The Lobby Layout is pretty clean and functional allowing for all the basic Optimatch,Quickmatch options, Friend's List Etc. Of course the Red Sox took a beating from the Yanks 28-5. I have to work on my pitching, throw more balls. My Opponent thou bunted far too many times for my taste, probably because hitting is not as easy as the reviewers say.

Overall a good game to get for Online. I traded a few games for it and got it for $3.00 all in all a good buy.

17. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Im probably going to head to eb after work to trade in a bunch of games i have sitting around which i wont play. The only time i pretty much play anymore is online so those single players got to go :) time for Inside Pitch and Motogp 2

18. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I'm basically in agreement with you seems I've only been considering games lately that have live capability. And you're correct the single player ones I have are pretty much collecting Dust. So I Might not be too far off from you in trading in some if not all my Single player games, If so I'll probably pick up MotoGP2 this weekend. Then the problem arises of which online to play. I truely wanted to do some Wolfenstein last night but I ended up playing Inside Pitch for all my game paying time.

19. Michael Cook

Michael Cook Stunt Coordinator

I bought the game strictly for online purposes only. It is a blast to play on line with someone. I don't think It would be a great 1 player game. All the other BB are alot better as far as 1 player goes. I woulde definitely get it if you have live . [​IMG]

20. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

I just got in from picking inside pitch and motogp up. What to play first