What's new

Infinity Quadrapole surround placement? (1 Viewer)

TonyGricar

Agent
evening/morning all -

i'm currently finishing part of a basement for a media room and would like advice on the rear surround placement of a pair of Infinity Quadrapoles. i haven't seen many posts on these speakers, so not even sure how they'll be. i used them in a previous home, which had a much larger room and they worked well, but this is sig smaller. given the nature/design of the speaker, i'm not sure if they should go on the sides or rear corners of the room. the room dimensions are 11ft wide x 20ft long, with a drop ceiling height of approx 7ft. there will be 2 rows of seating, Row 1 being 13ft from the screen and Row 2 being on the back wall.

all advice greatly apprectiated. thanks.

tony

TonyGricar

Agent
Anyone? Anyone? ...the Great Depression, passed the... Anyone? Anyone? The tariff bill? The Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act? Which, anyone? Raised or lowered? ...raised tariffs, in an effort to collect more revenue for the federal government. Did it work? Anyone? Anyone know the effects? It did not work, and the United States sank deeper into the Great Depression. Today we have a similar debate over this. Anyone know what this is? Class? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone seen this before? The Laffer Curve. Anyone know what this says? It says that at this point on the revenue curve, you will get exactly the same amount of revenue as at this point. This is very controversial. Does anyone know what Vice President Bush called this in 1980? Anyone? Something-d-o-o economics. Voodoo economics.

Ben Stein,

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Bruce Cadotte

Stunt Coordinator
__________________________________________________ _________

i'm currently finishing part of a basement for a media room and would like advice on the rear surround placement of a pair of Infinity Quadrapoles.

__________________________________________________ _________

Out the window and into the garbage is where you should put them,no joke,i still have 2 in my storage room that i used in my old house,the main problem with them is no tweeter-open one up(pop the grill) and see for yourself,they look good for hiding them if you have a white wall but all you get out of them is muffled surround sound.

Shaun

Second Unit
What other speakers are you using in your setup? What kind of Receiver?

TonyGricar

Agent
shaun ;-) -

sony es 6.1 receiver, klipsch ksw-12 and center, and infinity reference towers.

advice other than "in the garbage" is much appreciated (ie, something useful like a recommendation of placement given the speakers). i have no problem with buying new speakers, but the wife on the other hand...

tony

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks