What's new

Inferior sounding Joe Jackson concert DVD (1 Viewer)

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Joe Jackson's Live in Tokyo DVD has the worst sound of any concert/music DVD that I can recall. No presense, no punch, no bass, no nothing. It has an (alleged) PCM sountrack and a Pro-Logic track and both of them sound like crap. I've heard/seen some dubious music DVDs before, but this is a brand new release from a major label.
It really upsets me, because it is a concert from his Big World tour, and I love that music (I did see a show from that tour, and I still have fond memories -- as I do of most Joe Jackson concerts).
Maybe Universal (they own A&M) has come up with a new form of audio copy protection: make it sound so bad that no one will want to copy it :angry:
Ted

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
This is highly disappointing. I've been waiting since the inception of the format for some Joe Jackson live performances. I may get it anyway though, just to relive the memories of seeing him (3 times thus far). He puts on such a great show, and it's always so different each time. Ah well. At least it's a Big World tour performance....:frowning:

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
Ted, is it still listenable? I love Joe's 1986 Live album and would love to grab this DVD. Disappointing that they didn't put much effort into it apparently, but I'm still tempted to pick it up...

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Yes it is listenable. I certainly wouldn't discourage hardcore Joe Jackson fans from getting it, but it is damn disappointing.

Ted

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks