What's new

Inexpensive HDTV advice - Trying to convert a non-believer! (1 Viewer)

Frank_M

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all -

Someone at work is ready to at least dip her toe in the world of HDTV, and I could use some help with recommendations.

She has a limited budget (probably between $700-$800, tops) but isn't looking for a huge size. Probably 32 at most. I think her cabinet space is about 35 1/2 wide.

She says she wants this TV to last a while, so I've told her she has to go HDTV, and really needs to go wide screen, and I think she's on board.

But can you recommend a few models in that range? That price range/size is not my level of expertise.

She is also not at all comfortable with buying online, so this is going to have to be something I can track down for her at a BB, CC, BJs, etc.

Thanks in advance

SethH

Senior HTF Member
HP makes a 32" LCD hdtv that is currently selling for $800 at BestBuy.

My brother-in-law has the 37" version and it's a very solid set. It's got 3 HDMI inputs so that's pretty good as far as future-"proofing" goes.

Another option to consider is the 16x9 CRT sets from Samsung. I think they run about $600 for the 30" model.

Steve Kohlmann

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve Kohlmann
I think you can buy a Sony Bravia 32" for around $800.00 or close to that.

As with anything - you get what you pay for.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
on the lower priced side...consider a Olevia...i have a 537 and really like it (considering the price).

Regards

Gregg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks