What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

In your opinion, which studio is the king of double dipping on DVD's (1 Viewer)

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
I don't think Fox is bad enough yet, but they're certainly getting there, especially with their unjustified double-dips (i.e. having a SE already finished but holding it back to release a standard edition first).

I'd say Sony and Universal are pretty much a tie, with Sony having the most pointless double dips (i.e. Stand by Me Deluxe, Big Fish Deluxe etc.)

Chris

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
SONY and Universal are the kings. They have pulled many triple dips too. They're both so bad that I can't figure out which one is more guilty.

Fox is close on their heels.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Universal and Sony. The worst part is that a lot of times it was the same exact transfer, just repackaged. If you're going to reissue then at least improve it.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Sony's about to release the 4th version of The Mask of Zorro, so I think they win the title. Universal is one of the worst though since they often remove features from the newer version, such as the trailers on the Jaws 30th anniversary set or the commentary and DTS track on The Bourne Identity Not-So-Explosive Extended Edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soonercineaste
Recent bookmarks