What's new

In ceiling speakers for EX back surrounds? (1 Viewer)

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
Just curious if anyone else has this or has considered this. The way my room is setup I have a fireplace to the rear of the theater and I could drop dipole's from the ceiling via a board or pole, but was wondering if in-ceiling speakers would sound ok and/or do the trick as well.
I'm going with in-walls for the normal surround speakers.
Thanks.
Troy
------------------
quote::My teacher tells me beauty is on the inside.
:That's just something ugly people say.

I am about to have the M&K 750THX system installed along with SW85's in-ceiling for the EX channel.
This setup was recommended by my installer who is a member of CEDIA (is that the same in the US?), so it should be perfectly acceptable. The SW85 speakers use the same drivers as the rest of my speaker package, so I guess that would be one of the important factors.
The install is happening on 7 Sept (along with a Denon AVCA1SE - almost same as 5800 in US), so I could let you know what I think after the event!

Bruce Abar

Stunt Coordinator
I had the same problem, so I purchase speakers that can be hung from the ceiling. I used Energy exl16's, and purchased hangers for them, screwed them into the ceiling using a plywood base plate for support. The rear centers should angle down slighting so they dont interfer with your front center, with energys brackets, the angle is just perfect.
------------------
Bruce
www.dvdtracker.com/~bruceabar.asp

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the info guys.
I think in-ceilings will work for my setup.
Yes, CEDIA is the same in the US. :)
Troy
------------------
quote::My teacher tells me beauty is on the inside.
:That's just something ugly people say.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks