What's new

IMPOSTER Brief Review (1 Viewer)

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
I've been planning to watch this new SCI FI thriller in the theaters when it opened, but didn't have a chance to get around to it.
I was actually pretty excited to watch it on my HT system

I enjoyed the film, but definitely felt as though the production and design was limited in scope and budget. Most of the more sci-fi oriented scenes were extremely well done and almost felt like a big summer block buster. However, the rest of the production seems to take place in dark, small soundstages with relatively few extras, which seemed to shrink the scope of the film.

I don't think IMPOSTER was a huge success at the box office and I'm almost 100% certain that it won't achieve any kind of cult following. However, it was mildly entertaining and there are some very solid performances from Sinise and D'Onfrio.(SP?)

AUDIO and VIDEO;
The first thing that stands out about the DVD is the soundtrack - outstanding. ONe of the best ones I have heard, and I'm very critical.. (Nope - didn't think much of SHREK, or PEARL HARBOR's soundtrack). There was very distinct and palpable use of the surrounds and SBs. The punch, and sound of the lower end was very evident and gunshots and directional panning around the 7 speakers was really top notch. Not just a loud movie, a very well mastered one as well.

Video was somewhat inconsistent throughout. I noticed little, if any, edge enhancement. However, there were a couple of scenes where I noticed that the actors (especially their faces) seemed soft and even blurry at times.. A scene with Madelyne Stowe seemed as though I were looking at their faces through a paned glass window.
Otherwise, blacks looked extremely good and closeups of the principal's faces were excellent. Flesh tones- right on.

This disk is worth a rental. Probably not everyone's favorite repeat viewing material, but excellent demo material.
Elbert

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Any extras on it? I'd heard that "Alien Love Triangle" and the original, short-film version of Impostor might be included.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks