What's new

IMAX-Larger Than Life SET (3 DVD'S) Deal (1 Viewer)

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
FYI: The following might be too good to be true, but then again, maybe it's a DDD promo!??!
If you like the IMAX presentations like I do, the following IMAX SET is a great deal ...
IMAX - LARGER THAN LIFE SET (3 DVD'S) - $12.00 (You Save: $ 42.95) :)
Release Date: 09/24/02
The included DVD's (all = DD-5.1 :emoji_thumbsup: ) are:
1) IMAX: Amazing Journeys (2001)
2) IMAX: Africa: The Serengeti (1994)
3) IMAX: Alaska: (1996)
====
The above price might be an error, but sometimes they will honor those that ordered prior to catching/correcting it! Then again, they may just cancel the order! :frowning:
FYI: DVD Empire lists the IMAX-LARGER THAN LIFE SET for $43.99
Phil

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I just placed an order on this great deal, but when I returned to the web site to check the order status, the order doesn't show up. Is this normal for DDD? Does the order only show up after the confirmation e-mail (mentioned on the site after I placed the order) goes out? Thanks for any input.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
John,
Yes, that's normal for DDD; it always takes a day or so until you get a confirmation, then if you're lucky it will show up in your account info. Sometimes you have to email or call them. I love the store but their website leaves a lot to be desired.
In any case, I also ordered this. I figured it was worth a shot for $12. Thanks for the alert, Phil.

Kevin Eckhardt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kevin Eckhardt
I placed an order this afternoon and received a confirmation email about 4 hours later. Thanks for pointing this out, Phil.

Kevin

David Hicks

Stunt Coordinator
They must have figured it out...

I got - There is no information for this DVD yet.

Just damn.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Well, I got my order in before they changed it. Hopefully they will see my prior 20+ orders with them and give it to me :D

Rick Wilson

Stunt Coordinator
The offer is back up on the site this morning. Hope they honor my order -- $12 with free shipping!!!!

David Hicks

Stunt Coordinator
Just checked again and was able to place my order!!! For those wondering about the excitement, just the Africa disc is selling on eBay for more than $12.00...

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
Thanks guys for the heads up.
I just placed my order via the phone, (800-264-5076)
The discs will not be in stock until September 24, 2002.
Well worth the wait:emoji_thumbsup:

SteveK

Supporting Actor
This may be a typo...but my order has been placed. We shall see if they accept and ship it!

Steve K.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Jeezy Peezy, it finally showed up on my order status page. Looks like DDD is going to really ship it for $12.00. Woo Hoo!

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Although they raised (or corrected) the price, my order status still shows $12. I guess I'll find out for sure in another few weeks. I still haven't received a confirmation email though.

Now, what are these IMAX discs like anyway?

JoelH

Stunt Coordinator
Just got an email stating that they are honoring the price, despite the mistake, but limiting quantities to one per customer.

I would have understood if they hadn't honored the price, but I am glad they did. Since it turned out to be a pricing error, I feel a little guilty about this, but considering the amount of money I have spent with them, and will continue to spend with them, I will get over this feeling very quickly.

Yet another reason why I will keep shopping at DDD...

Joel

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Me too. And this is a nice way for DDD to handle this. Honor single orders but don't allow people to load up on bargains like this to EBay them later on.

Now if they would just ship my Alec Guinness set (backordered). Not that it matters though since I can't watch it right away.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks