What's new

imac and hewlett packard printer compatibility. (1 Viewer)

Jacob_St

Second Unit
Hi again. I just came back to thank all of you one last time and to tell you that my parents just bought their imac from Datavis.com. The grand total after 2nd day air shipping was 1893.00. The salesguy on the phone tried to con my mom by telling her that the monitor is not convered under Apples one year warrenty and tried to tack on 120 dollars to the price so the monitor would also be covered. I told her to say no because he was lieing. We called Apple right afterwards and sure enough he lied to her. Anyway they should have it by next Wednesday.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
It all comes preloaded and you get a restore CD as well.

I found that to be the case, with a few exceptions.

iPhoto is not preloaded -- it's a five-minute no-brainer install. (Just pop the CD in once OS X has set up the initial Administrator-level user account.)

The Developer Tools (which your parents probably won't use) are in kit format on the hard drive -- but are not included on their own CD. (A retail Mac OS X kit includes a Developer Tools CD.) Back these up on a CD-R if you care about them.

People have also reported that the 14 sample songs included with iTunes are not on the restore CDs. It is trivial to burn these songs to CD from within iTunes.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
The Developer Tools (which your parents probably won't use) are in kit format on the hard drive -- but are not included on their own CD. (A retail Mac OS X kit includes a Developer Tools CD.) Back these up on a CD-R if you care about them.
You can also download them from Link Removed
They were updated in December so even the 10.1 upgrade kits are outdated. If you have them on the computer, save yourself some download time and back them up.

Jacob_St

Second Unit
I just wanted to post and warn anyone reading this thread to avoid Datavis.com. The company was very dishonest and kept misinforming my parents about the status of their order. They also charged their card days after the order was offically cancelled. There were some other problems too but that would take about two paragraphs to go through it all.
Amazon on the other hand has been great. My parents got their computer in two days and that was with the free shipping option! My folks are afraid to open the box because of all the trouble they've had getting one. I think they'll talk themselves into opening it by the weekend. :D

Michael*K

Screenwriter
You can't just open the box and pull out the machine willy-nilly! You have to have an unpacking party. :laugh: Think I'm joking...check out this link.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
My folks are afraid to open the box because of all the trouble they've had getting one. I think they'll talk themselves into opening it by the weekend.
If it's anything like the Pixar lamps, just open the box and watch it jump out onto the desk. :D
As for my original post, Apple has just released the April Developer Tools for OS X. 200+MB download from Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks