What's new

"I'm catcher, you're the pitcher!" A new Ren and Stimpy Question... (1 Viewer)

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
On Nickelodeon, hinting at homosexuality would of been awkward for someone to percieve. I was blindsided as well because I didn't see Nickelodeon advocating homosexuality, in a kids cartoon no less.

TNN, bring back Salute Your Shorts, and make that adult. ;)
...and leave out Donkey Lips..

RobertW

Supporting Actor
hinting at homosexuality is one thing, cause it can be the foundation for some pretty funny storylines when you know there is some subtext there. but when it's all right there on the surface, it doesn't seem as funny.

that said, the homosexual aspect didn't bother me as much as the rest of the episode. i just found the whole episode to be uncreative and unfunny. just a collection of gross-out gags that were just not funny. gross-out humor can be funny if done with some creativity and style, but simply depicting grossness is just that-gross.

compare this to the episode of space madness that they showed later, and it comes off as completely lacking. i just didn't find the new episode that funny.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I think Robert hit it on the head. The old show had some gross humor, but on the new show, the grossness is the humor.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
I think Robert hit it on the head. The old show had some gross humor, but on the new show, the grossness is the humor.
Yup. That about sums it up.

Count me in as one of the disappointed folks. I'm glad they aired a "classic" episode later in the evening... :)

DanielM

Stunt Coordinator
hinting at homosexuality is one thing, cause it can be the foundation for some pretty funny storylines when you know there is some subtext there. but when it's all right there on the surface, it doesn't seem as funny
exactly however now with that out of the way it could get pretty damn funny at least I can hope..I thought the episode seemed contrived

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks