What's new

I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here!! (1 Viewer)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I am willing to check out the first couple of eps, but it does not sound promising. I pretty much hate every celebrity listed.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
This really looks awful. Might try one or two episodes, but doubtful.

I'll also try out Big Brother in July for a bit, otherwise no reality TV for me until the next Survivor.

Great bio for Sanjaya, his main claim to fame on American Idol...

"Sanjaya was the only contestant below third place to be featured in a solo on the finale that night"

Wow, I'm so impressed.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

I'll YouTube the clip of Sanjaya getting attacked by killer bees. The commercial is just like movie trailers of the past several years: it shows all the best parts.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Oh, what the hell. I'm bored.

Heidi and Spencer should be forced to stay there for a year, just keep them off-camera please.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

mike caronia

Second Unit
I watched the first hour and cannot believe what an ass that guy Spencer is.
On what planet is this guy a celebrity?
No wonder half the world hates us.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, if you'd seen "The Hills", you'd know Spencer is one of the biggest asshats ever on TV.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN

Ditto. Except I go as far as to hate it using fiber from beings other than myself. :laugh:

John

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Wow. Who the hell are Spencer and Heidi?

Janice Dickinson looks like she could star in the next chapter of Hellraiser - very cenobite looking...

MandyHan

Stunt Coordinator

You don't know?? Have you been living under a rock?!

J/K...they're the famewhores from The Hills who just got married. Sadly, their antics really entertain me and I've been reading that they wanted OUT of the jungle on IACGMOOH on like, day two! haha!

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
If you don't like Reality TV, then don't bother watching. And please don't bother posting in this thread -- go to the SNL thread and write about how the show used to be good back in the day but the new cast sucks now. Get over yourself -- I don't care about your thesis that reality TV is the new bread & circuses and the preamble to armageddon. Go threadcrap elsewhere.

And if you like Reality TV but only watch the "smart" ones, then don't bother with this one. IACGMOOH is pure trash. It's no better than The Hills (and probably no less scripted). Let's just get that out of the way.

I didn't think I'd even remotely like this show, but the fact that there's nothing on but reruns and the fact that Spencer is like the second coming of Coach, this show is perversely entertaining. I'm sure 90% of the goings on are staged, but it's such a trainwreck that I can't look away. We'll see how the later shows go -- will they have enough material without the 48 hour lead time? And what happens after Spencer gets voted off? Will the oddly quiet Janice Dickenson step up?

This may have been better as a two or three day a week show just to get more material (Unless, you know, they have scripts in the can. Or if this had been pre-rcorded on a soundstage and it isn't actually live). I'm also afraid that airing 4 consecutive days will not manufacture enough material for each night, and viewer fatigue is always a danger. As entertained as I was, listening to Spencer throw a shit-fit every day will grow old really fast.

BTW, Spencer's rant to Ben Silverman about his relative level of celebrity over the phone was gold. Pure, f*cking GOLD.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I have to say last night's episode was pure brilliance on many levels.

I mean, Spencer calling Ben Silverman????? "Sorry to interrupt your dinner"

Spencer to Heidi "This is the first time you cried on camera when you weren't acting."

Spencer to the wrestler "I had to Google you to see who you were."

Love or hate Spencer, he makes for great TV.

As for the 4 nights a week, they had too much for the 2 hours last night. The live challenge was cut off there was so much going on.

The first version of this show was a trainwreck. This is a trainwreck for different reasons.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It was weird seeing Spencer acting all Stepford Hubby-to-be-ish on the finale of The Hills just to convince people from Heidi's life to show up for their wedding. Glad to see that it was all an act, and he's back to being the biggest reality TV douche.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
From what I have seen of "Speidi", I am proud to be able to say my question was genuine - Spencer exudes levels of "douche" that would make Brett Michaels jealous.

Who would have thought that one of the Baldwin Boys would be the steady calming influence?

What's up with Sanjaya practically jumping at the chance to give Lou Diamond Phillips a foot massage? That was skeevy...couple that with his impressive ability to play "hide the iguana tail" and one begins to make assumptions....

So, will the winning team blow off the rules all the time - what's the point?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I didn't watch the show...But, my wife did. And what annoys me is that they have Blago's wife on and from the one scene I did see. All of the contestants were all "poor Blago". Why are they helping a person who betrayed the trust of those who elected him. He or his wife should never be on these shows.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The bizarre thing is that Spencer and Baldwin, the two "conservatives", were the ones rallying behind the former Democratic Governor. Also, you could clearly see (if Lie To Me has taught me anything) that Patty was lying by touching her face and looking away as she proclaimed her husband's innocence. And as I understand it, the two children's initiatives that Patty bragged about, for healthcare and education, were both failures as Blago didn't actually have any way of funding them. Both pieces of legislation were just for show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks