ID this film? Man stays in bed. Possibly Italian

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Karl F, May 11, 2004.

1. Karl F

Karl F Stunt Coordinator

I had a customer at my video store today who was trying to remember the name of a film. He thought it was Italian. It's about a man who decides to never get out of bed again. He rigs up devices that he can operate from bed, and his dog runs errands for him. Apparently he also plays the tuba.

I've got no clue. I searched around and came up with nothing that sounded close. And now, I turn to you.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

--K

2. Fred Bang

Fred Bang Stunt Coordinator

I once this movie reviewed on a local TV show, and I think it was Philippe Noiret in the leading role. But I cannot find a fitting description on IMDB, so we're back to square one.

3. Karl F

Karl F Stunt Coordinator

Fred, you're *awesome*. I used the IMDB to look up movies starring Noiret that had the word "bed" in the title, and I found it! It's called "Very Happy Alexander" or "Alexandre le bienheureux."

It doesn't look like it's on video at all, but it's good to know what it is.

Thanks again!

--K

4. Fred Bang

Fred Bang Stunt Coordinator

You're welcome. I knew it was Phillipe Noiret, but strangely I couldn't find the name of the movie. The reason is simple: I thought it was a recent movie, but its a 1967 one. So I thank YOU.

5. Hendrik

Hendrik Supporting Actor

...and the movie is available on a French (R2/PAL) DVD - without subtitles in any language, including French...
    ...sigh...

. . . [​IMG] . . .