What's new

ID this film? Man stays in bed. Possibly Italian (1 Viewer)

Karl F

Stunt Coordinator
I had a customer at my video store today who was trying to remember the name of a film. He thought it was Italian. It's about a man who decides to never get out of bed again. He rigs up devices that he can operate from bed, and his dog runs errands for him. Apparently he also plays the tuba.

I've got no clue. I searched around and came up with nothing that sounded close. And now, I turn to you.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

--K

Fred Bang

Stunt Coordinator
I once this movie reviewed on a local TV show, and I think it was Philippe Noiret in the leading role. But I cannot find a fitting description on IMDB, so we're back to square one.

Karl F

Stunt Coordinator
Fred, you're *awesome*. I used the IMDB to look up movies starring Noiret that had the word "bed" in the title, and I found it! It's called "Very Happy Alexander" or "Alexandre le bienheureux."

It doesn't look like it's on video at all, but it's good to know what it is.

Thanks again!

--K

Fred Bang

Stunt Coordinator
You're welcome. I knew it was Phillipe Noiret, but strangely I couldn't find the name of the movie. The reason is simple: I thought it was a recent movie, but its a 1967 one. So I thank YOU.

Hendrik

Supporting Actor
...and the movie is available on a French (R2/PAL) DVD - without subtitles in any language, including French...
...sigh...

. . . . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks