What's new

Ice Age: Special Edition; 11/26 (1 Viewer)

Anthony Liz

Stunt Coordinator
America's favorite sub-zero heroes will put the chill on fourth quarter competition when ICE AGE, the $180 million smash hit, debuts on Special Edition DVD and VHS November 26 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment (TCFHE). Fueled by Fox's most ambitious and comprehensive marketing and promotional effort ever -- an epic $85 million campaign with 14 partners -- ICE AGE is destined to be a top-selling title this year. Entertaining children, teens and adults alike, ICE AGE features an all-new, exclusively produced CGI animated short "Scrat's Missing Adventure" on both DVD and VHS. The double-disc Special Edition DVD also features hours of never-before-seen animation, groundbreaking multi-angle scene progression and multiple DVD-ROM and set-top games. The ICE AGE Special Edition DVD is ownably priced at US$29.98/C$41.98 and the VHS is priced at US$24.98/C$28.98.

The state of the art ICE AGE DVD is presented in Widescreen (Aspect Ratio 2:35:1) and Fullscreen with English 5.1 Surround, French Dolby Surround and Spanish Dolby Surround sound. Additional special features include:

-- Two DVD-ROM games including "Sid Shreds," a snowboarding game starring
the ICE AGE characters and "Super Dodo Ball," a rugby/dodgeball game.
-- A host of printables including ornaments of ICE AGE characters,
Ice Digest an ICE AGE-inspired magazine, ICE AGE Fun Fact Coloring
Book, Shoe Box Theater, Hanging With The Herd Make-Your-Own Mobile,
ICE AGE Sub-Zero Heroes Board Game, 12 Month Migration Calendar,
ICE AGE Word Find/Jumbles, and Paper Dolls.
-- Three fun DVD Set Top games including "Playing Darwin" a flip book
game, "Hide and Eek" where players must search under items to find
Scrat and the acorn and "Frozen Pairs," which challenges the player to
spot the differences between two pictures.
-- The HBO First Look Special
-- Six Deleted Scenes with Director Chris Wedge Commentary
-- Sid on Sid Silhouette on Scenes
-- "The Making of ICE AGE"
-- Multi-Angle Scene Exploration/ Animation Progression
-- Scrat Interstitials
-- Blue Sky Featurette
-- Still Design Gallery
-- Academy Award(R) winning "Bunny" Animated Short
-- Sid Character Development
-- Directors Commentaries
-- International Clips, Trailers, TV Spots, Easter Eggs and More

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
The ICE AGE Special Edition DVD is ownably priced at US$29.98
Oh come on! Surely "ownably" is not a real word?? (Not aimed at you Anthony - I realize you've posted the press release).
Looks like a great set, though - comparable to Dreamworks' Shrek set. I love that we're getting both "Bunny" and the new "Scrat's Missing Adventure" shorts.

HenrikTull

Second Unit
Also, the aspect ratio of Ice Age is 1.85:1. Probably/hopefully just a misprint in the press release.

DanR

Supporting Actor
Some people are thinking that this means Star Wars Episode II will not be released on November 26, 2002. In the end though, while both are Fox films, I think Lucasfilm will have Fox release Episode II whenever Lucasfilm feels it should be released. I doubt they would even consider Ice Age's release date to be a factor as to when they release Episode II to DVD. Maybe Fox, if they wanted to avoid a conflict, would move Ice Age up/back a week or two.

Regards,
Dan

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Some people are thinking that this means Star Wars Episode II will not be released on November 26, 2002. In the end though, while both are Fox films, I think Lucasfilm will have Fox release Episode II whenever Lucasfilm feels it should be released. I doubt they would even consider Ice Age's release date to be a factor as to when they release Episode II to DVD. Maybe Fox, if they wanted to avoid a conflict, would move Ice Age up/back a week or two.
I'd wait for an official press release stating AOTCs date before making such assumptions. :) ;)
Dan

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Here is the description of the Scrat short

The centerpiece of the release is the never-before-seen five-minute CGI short feature -- "Scrat's Missing Adventure," created exclusively for the VHS and DVD starring everyone's favorite prehistoric rodent. Scrat's newest adventure begins as he proudly finds a nut behind a patch of grass, scrambles up a tree revealing thousands of neatly arranged nuts, with ONE open spot remaining for his treasure. As Scrat pounces to make it fit, the ground suddenly shifts and the tree becomes a giant funnel -- and here the adventure begins -- with brilliant moments of zero-G fun and the possible answer to a question that has plagued scientists for centuries

Brian_L_Kleis

Stunt Coordinator
WOO HOO - Bunny!!!! Love this short, seen it a few times at various Spike and Mike Animation festivals... Did it show along with the actual Ice Age movie on the big screen? Unfortunately, this movie came out when I had some severely limited funds and wasn't able to see everything I wanted to...

DanR

Supporting Actor
I'd wait for an official press release stating AOTCs date before making such assumptions.
Agreed. But with The Digital Bits saying it's 11/26, and at least one retailer taking pre-orders for that date, I'd think it's a safe bet.
I just mentioned that because elsewhere on the net I saw an article about Ice Age, and in the article it called doubt as to the authenticity of Episode II for 11/26 because of the Ice Age announcement for 11/26.
If Episode II does not come out on 11/26, I don't think it would be because of some sort of "Fox conflict" between Ice Age and Episode II. I hear though, Danny boy. ;)
Regards,
Dan

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
So on the 26th of Nov, I'll now be getting Ice Age, Spirit: Stallion.., and Episode III. November will be a busy month too with Spiderman, LOTR 4 disk, and MIB II. Phew!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks