What's new

I REALLY hate Closs Quartered crowds... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
They almost always lead into embarrasing sitautions for me.
Case in point, we where travelling into a cross section at K-Mart no more than an hour ago today. I saw someone come out at me to the right, so I had to slide sideways to avoid them. I forgot about the person behind me, and unfortunatly, my hand brushed against someones buttocks for a few seconds as I moved out of the way. What was even worse, is that my fingers where bent in a way as if I was going to grab something, due to the fact that I had them clasped behind my back as I was walking a few seconds ago.
Thankfully, no one seemed to notice(or yelled sexual harrasment for accidental buttocks passing ;) ), but my mind seems to dwell on embarrasing mistakes like this one. Anyone else have any embarrasing crowd stories to tell? Hopefully I'm not the only one to act strangley, or mistakingly in (big) crowd situations..

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
weird. I like my personal space and never come that close to strangers, i can usually dodge them :D
generally I just avoid having to get that close. Around here people tend to not move too fast anyway, so you can just cruise on by before they even notice.. my favorite is when they see olaf from back in 1954 and have to stop RIGHT THERE IN THE WAY and chat. :angry:

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
You don't go to many nightclubs, do you Neil? :)
Back when I was assigned to review rock & roll bands in nightclubs, my photographers and I made navigating through dangerously overcrowded bars and nightclubs into an art.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I got stuck in the middle of the GG Bridge walk for it's 50th. So many people it started to flex drastically.
I was with my roommate at the time and just wanted to get off it.
Loudly I said, "Are you going to throw up?" to her every 5 to 10 feet. Boy did people get out of the way fast
Hey Jack, is there a book or someplace I can read some of your reviews?
Did you write for magazines or newspapers?
Thanks
Grant

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I recently went to a MLB game for the first time in the team's new stadium and I found that the seats were like an airplane. The seats were not quite as narrow as an airplane, but the row spacing was worse. I hate having to squeeze past 20 people to get to the aisle to go get a tall beer and then try not to spill it as I squeeze past them again to get back to my seat.

What I hate worse than a close crowd is the noise of a thousand conversations, indoors, such as in a bar, so loud that I can't hear what my friends standing right next to me are saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks