What's new

I need help with one particular song: Starbuck's "Moonlight Feels Right" (1 Viewer)

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
It's a rather obscure song from a group called Starbuck that came out in the late 70's. It has somewhat of a Steely Dan sound to it.

Ok here's the situation that I've been racking my brains about:

I remember this song when it first came out. I liked it back then and I had been trying to find it. From what I remember of the song there distinctly was a woman that basically retorted or sang in the middle of the song after about the first verse that was sung by the main singer of the song who is male. As a matter of fact I remember hearing this song and this same version on the sound system of some auto parts store in L.A. The woman's verse was definitely there.

Fast forward to around 2000 or 2001 when I hear this song again and finally acquire it and the woman's verse is removed and instead is replaced by a xylophone solo.

Does anyone know what the story is? I mean this thing has been bothering for a long time now. I know I heard a woman's soft voice in this song that I had been trying to get for so long and when I get it her verse is simply not there!

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
I was 11 years old when this song came out. I really liked it then. I vividly remember seeing Starbuck mime it on American Bandstand. There was definitely a xylophone solo. I was enthralled watching this huge, bushy-long haired, bearded man play something I had only ever seen in music class at school.

That's the only version I have ever heard.

C

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Well either my mind was playing tricks on me all the times I thought I heard a woman's verse or they had two versions of the song. ;)

That would have been cool to see them on Bandstand though!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
your confusing/combining this with the starland vocal bands' afternoon delight.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i know there is a difference.
but it does have a female vocal during the song, and it came out around the same time period.
in fact both songs came out in 1976.

list of band members for starbuck....
Group Members
Jimmy Cobb, Bruce Blackman, Ken Crysler,
John Fristoe, Sloan Hayes, Darryl Kutz, David Shaver,
Bo wagner.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I definitely remember the song when it came out and was somewhat of a pop hit in the 70's. I recently heard it on the radio for the first time in years. Don't really remember any female singing verse. Not saying it isn't possible, just that it doesn't ring any bells with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks