What's new

I Love Lucy Season 5 DVD (1 Viewer)

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Thanks, Pavan. I can't wait to pick this up. Also, good to know the info about "Lucy and the Dummy," which is a favorite of mine.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
Good to know. I'm not exactly sure why, but I thought S5 would be five discs like S2-S4. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

Larry.P

Stunt Coordinator
Rest easy. There is really no "Lucy" footage missing from this set. What is missing from the "Lucy And The Dummy" episode is a 3 minute preview of the film musical "Guys And Dolls" that was inserted into the original airing of the episode during the theatre sequence. This was done to promote the movie, featuring Frank Sinatra. Essentially all that is missing is a 3 minute long commercial. Gregg Oppenheimer wanted the note on the box after the mishaps with season 4.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Okay, but will the edited Season 4 episodes be corrected, or did those have 3 minute long commercials, too?

Allen_Kir

Stunt Coordinator

WHAT! What is wrong with season 4??

EDIT: I read the other thread but I'm still confused ARE There or Aren't there EDITS on Season 4????

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe

Yes -- the other thread explains that "First Stop" is missing some jokes involving Burma Shave and Barney Oldfield.

Apparently the next three episodes, "Tennessee Bound," "Ethel's Hometown" and "L.A. at Last!" are also missing similarly small amounts of dialogue.

Also, some people have said that "The Fashion Show" is a bad transfer; others have said it isn't.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Last I heard, Greg Oppenheimer was going through original film of Season 4 frame by frame and giving it to Paramount...but he is also trying to get footage together for Season 6, so it may take a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks