What's new

I know this sounds really anal and sad, but, replacement DVD cases.... (1 Viewer)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure that most of you will proclaim me an idiot, but for the purposes of finding out the mass opinion.... I don't like the idea of using a replacement case for a DVD. It extends from back in the old days of VHs - when most video cases where personalised by the company that released them - which included logos, colours (usually black or clear) or a different build entirely. Replacing broken cases really irritated me, because it was no longer the same tape in my eyes. The same extends to DVDs now, and even if a case is broken in some way (luckily I've never had to cope with more than a center ring breakage), I'll kepp it before I replace it with an INCORRECT case - even if it is the exact replica of the broken case. Writing it now it does seem rather strange, but nevertheless the case (no pu intended). Does anyone feel the same?

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
I would like to post a serious respond! :)
Let me start by saying, that I understand your concern to a certain extend.
I would also be hesitant to replace a "special" DVD case, such as Fox's Silver Double Alpha or Disney's White Amarays etc, since they are (as you say) "part of the package".
That being said, when a standard single black case is used, I don't see the problem. You can't even be sure the same DVD will have the same type of case every time. One run could easily have an Amaray, while another run could have an Alpha, depending on what was available at the time.
However, I am actually so anal that I prefer series of movies on DVD to be in the same type (white amaray, black alpha etc.), so I have done some switching to ensure this.
------------------
~ Stud. Polyt. ~ Artur Meinild ~

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
I haven't had reason to replace any cases but snappers but if I had to replace a special case, such as a white Amaray or a silver double Alpha it's nice to know there is a place to turn. Check out www.inetdvd.com for replacement cases.
------------------
"The last thing I want to remembered as is an annoying blabbermouth." - Del Griffith
Link Removed
my DVD collection

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks