What's new

I just saw an F-Troop Season 2 DVD commercial!! Anyone spot this or others? (1 Viewer)

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
It was on TVLand during Sanford & Son! I generally never see commercials for DVDs aside from some DVD subscriptions and a few months ago I saw one for Time Life's Get Smart plus TCM pushing some things between films. A Week or so ago I started seeing some for The War at Home a lot and recently commercials for John Wayne boxsets. It looks like the studios are finally starting to advertise on TV and I am most happy to see F-Troop in an ad. Post when you see one and what it is pushing.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
No. The last time I saw a TV DVD set advertised, of anything prior to 1990, was Dallas S1/S2, three years ago. No ads for subsequent seasons.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
the best way to sell the DVD set is to show episodes on TVLand and remind people that you can buy the complete season sets. The history channel does it at the end of their shows. Didn't they do this with That Girl a couple months ago?

Tory

Real Name
Tory
Now that I think of it I may have seen a That Girl commercial before. TVLand has been showing the F-Troop commercial a lot between Lucy and Beaver, during Three's Company and Sanford & Son.

I just heard another commercial on it that was pushing something TV related but I forget what yet I do recall the end that made me look up: also coming soon, The Fall Guy. 2 ads in one.

Tory

Real Name
Tory
I saw a ChiPs Season 1 DVD commercial on TVLand. I think I watch TVLand a lot.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Hopefully this is a sign of things to come. The studios have been penny wise and pound foolish with their advertising for too long. There are probably plenty of potential buyers who do not know that their favorite shows, or shows they have never seen that they might like, are on DVD. The if-you-build-it-they-will-come/Field of Dreams stuff does not work in home video.

If F Troop S2 doesn't sell that well, it's not like there's a third season never to release.

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
True, sometimes folks just aren't aware of their favorites being available. Not everyone is 'plugged in' like we are to the hobby, following all these announcements and release-dates. Last week, I was at my dentist, and as we found ourselves discussing the topic of old tv shows, he mentioned an old favorite of his was "Cheyenne." He had no idea the first-season was available (and has been for a year!), but upon learning, he made a beeline towards a local store and picked it up over the weekend.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
I was working on a shoot at a company that makes these ovens that are hooked up with the internet and are part fridges. They kept calling it the Jetson's Oven (not the official trademarked slogan). I joked with the head of the company that he must buy a lot of the Jetson boxsets to give out as gifts. He didn't know they'd been out for three years.

and now that deepdiscount has its 20% off sale, I'll be picking up season 2 of F Troop

Gregory V

Stunt Coordinator
Got my set last week and its quite funny. You HAVE to see the episode where Paul Lynde plays the singing mountie!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks