I just finished my first subwoofer

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ChrisAK, Aug 30, 2002.

1. ChrisAK

ChrisAK Extra

I have just completed an 85L Adire alignment shiva. Although I did not post any specific questions, I want to thank everyone(I will not try to go through the list of people I read advice from) for the help I received from searching through past threads. All you need is in the archives if you just do a little searching. I may try to post pictures later. I was able to have a short audition last night and I am very pleased so far. I was a little surprised at the size of the thing. It is overlayed with oak, so I guess it can double as a table. My wife just shakes her head in disbelief. For anyone thinking of building a sub, you just can't go wrong if you follow one of the many plans on the internet or use unibox.

2. Jeff Meininger

Jeff Meininger Second Unit

There sure IS a lot of information on this forum. I searched and read, read and searched, and finally came up with a plan. But then I read some more, and now I'm not sure what my plan is anymore. [​IMG] So many drivers/enclosures/alignments to choose from. That's a good thing I guess, but I'm having trouble choosing!

3. ChrisAK

ChrisAK Extra

The good news is that I rarely see anyone complaining about whatever driver/allignment they choose. Just stick with tried and true allignments and I do not think you can go wrong.

5. Jeremy Stockwell

Jeremy Stockwell Supporting Actor

That's a Freudian slip if I ever saw one.
    [​IMG]
    JKS

6. [​IMG]
    yup
    love her...love here ...what is the difference[​IMG]

7. Jeff Rosz

Jeff Rosz Second Unit