What's new

I have no preouts... (1 Viewer)

Andrew S

Stunt Coordinator
A while back I upgraded my Sony speakers to some Paradigm Monitors that I feel I got for a good price. My only complaint is that I have an entry level receiver, a Panasonic SAHE70, which I am mostly satisfied with. My concern is now that I have to turn the volume up louder on the receiver to achieve the same levels I did with my older speakers, and although there doesn't seem to be any problems with my receiver, I still feel like I'm pushing it. I have an old Sansui amplifiier that I could power the speakers with, but my entry-level receiver does not have any preouts. What I'm wondering is if there is some way to use the Sansui amp - is it possible to convert the speaker level outputs to RCA outputs with some sort of adapter, and would this be beneficial? Or would I be better off using my receiver still?

Thanks
Andrew

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It can be done easily, but may not be of much benefit to you (unless the Sansui is considerably more power). Save up and get a better receiver.

Rob Bruce

Agent
If you were really handy with a soldering iron, and hunting down signals, you could add your own to your receiver. I did it to my Yamaha, but that's not really a viable solution for 99% of the people. My advice would be, like said above, maybe get a better receiver, and a nice amp. I would suggest maybe checking ebay out, you could snag some decent components for fairly cheap. I picked up a nice Bryston 4B (400w x2 @4ohm) for about $600us a while back. I'm sure they have decent receivers to fit any budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks