What's new

I have a hole in my skull... (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
well jaw, just had my wisdom tooth removed just 20 minites ago, it was a bitch...

About 15 minutes in cutting and prying, they tell me 'oh, its in the bone'... im thinkin "sonofaBITCH!!!"... took another 25 minutes of cutting, SAWING OF MY JAWBONE and prying to get the stubborn bastard out...

Ohwell, anyboy have suggestions what to do to keep the pain away (they gave me some tylenol 3 prescription) and entertain myself the next few days of misery? My X1 is still on backorder :angry:

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
You live in Canada? Isn't Tylenol with Codiene available up there? Or is that just another name for what they gave you?

In the alternative, you could always try a few shots of Chivas Regal. :D

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Tyelnol 3 is the same as w/ codeine.

I had all 4 of mine taken out about 10 years ago and didn't even fill the prescription (1/4 was impacted in the bone). Hopefully you won't be in too much pain either. I had general anesthesia during the procedure--it must have been strange to be awake as they are hacking hacking at your jaw and crushing things.

Good luck and enjoy all of the movies you will be watching.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Yeah, legal age is 19 in BC :p) The thought had crossed my mind haha (i know i know, the states is 21)

Yeah, i was hopin they'd put me under general to do it, but they didnt... :frowning:

Just took one Tylenol with Codiene... how long does it take for it to kick in? Argh

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm, I have to have my wisdom teeth pulled at out some point. I'm taking local, I.V., and the gas if I can.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Ugh, you were awake the whole time? They knocked me out, don't remember a thing. That's the way to go :)

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
I was 43 when I had 3 of mine out. After cutting them into quarters the doctor (an old bicycling friend) had to sit on my chest to get enough leverage to remove the pieces (local anasthesia) . Even with all that I only took the pain medication for a couple of days. (Aspirin would probably have been sufficient)

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I didn't wake up till I was in my bed at home. My mother told me I talked to her and walked around, but don't remember any of that.

The only bad part I remember was waking up in the bed because the pain medication wore off and not being able to swallow a pill, or chew, so we let it disolve in the coke. Really nasty. After that it was a breeze.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Yeah, i can barely swallow, the Tylenol doesnt really feel like its doing its job, maybe i should take two next time...

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I had four taken out at once. General anesthetic and stuff. Hardly any pain though. Hmmm. I was so tired for 2 days though that I basically stayed in bed all that time.

My mouth was sore, but not in any terrible pain or anything. I don't think I took any painkillers, although maybe I had one or two pills of the Tylenol 3 stuff the first day.

Welcome to the club Nick! So, when can you drink again? :D

Will Pomeroy

Stunt Coordinator
I had my four impacted teeth come out about 4 months ago. The first night was the worst, they gave me so much gause that I couldn't talk, drink, or do anything. I'm glad I had season 1 of the sopranos and my girlfriend's breasts to keep me entertained. The second day I was fine, barely any swelling and I could speak well. I kept taking the tylenol 3, but they were giving me panic attacks for some reason, and after I stopped taking them, the dull ache was the same.

I would suggest drop the T3s as soon as you can, because they messed me up.

Good luck, and happy eating!

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
I had 4 wisdom teeth taken out a few years ago, two of which were in the bone as well. Nasty stuff, really, but all the drugs they gave me were great, I didn't feel a thing, until the second day when the stitches started to pop. 3 days after the operation, I was eating steaks again, so don't worry about long lasting pain, it will be gone in no time.

On a rather inappropriate note, (WARNING: VERY Crude humor, you are warned)

For the two days of bleeding from the mouth after having them removed, my closest friends decided that my girlfriend needed to be "serviced", and I had, well, "caught" PMS... That's friends for you.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
:laugh:

Its feelin less pain right now, i swithced to regular tylenols coz i gotta go out later... LOTS of swelling, i look like Quagmire from Family Guy :D

Pain is just a bit when i move my jaw, but nothin too serious...

I wish i had breasts... er, not on me of course, on a girl... heh.... :p)

When can i drink again? I cant get drinks NOW... well not by conventional, legal methods at least :D

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I caught my finger in a belt sander and it was without a doubt the most painful thing in my life.
I recommend Scotch, it works fast
Hope you feel better
Grant

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Watch out how many painkillers you take, and for the love of God, don't mix it extensively with alcohol. It'll thin your blood and you'll go weak. Also, if you're bleeding (I was when I got my wisdom teeth sawed out), avoid anything that would promote bloodflow.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Also, if you're bleeding (I was when I got my wisdom teeth sawed out), avoid anything that would promote bloodflow.
In that case avoid the following:

o drinking alcohol
o hanging upside down
o Dance Dance Revolution
o vigorous applications of sex

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
I suggest an antiflamatory if possible like advil. That will keep swelling down. I took a 600mg dose with tylenol for pain. Also remember to do salt water rinses three times a day with luke warm water. I also used a little device that shoots water out a little tip to flush out food from the open cavities. keep it clean. Least this is what my doctor told me.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
bah! Tylenol products are so chemically weak as to be considered a placebo. I need to take six if my hair hurts. As your "Qualified" dentist to get off his butt and take out his prescription pen, you'll need:

*Oxycontin, OC. Just don't snort it.

*Morphine drip. Three weeks of steady treatment should be plenty.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks