What's new

I finally got an HDTV!!!! :D (1 Viewer)

Scott Quick

Agent
My cousin and I just purchased the Mits WS-55809 55" monitor. I'm sooooo excited. Hopefully it will be delivered early next week. I'll be sure to keep you posted. I'm making some orders for component cables as I type - I can't wait.
I just wanted to say thanks to all you guys (and girls) for your information and entertainment as I've made my venture into HT. I joined the forum as a freshman in college, and now that I graduated and have money to spend, I know just what to get! Next month, I'm planning to get the Panny RP91 :D :D This waiting is torture!!!!

Jim FC

Stunt Coordinator
Scott,
Congrats! I hope you enjoy your TV! The Mitsu is a good one. For your DVD player, the Panasonics are great, but you might also want to take a look at Mitsu's 6020 and 8020. Both are progressive scan, have a very cool zoom feature that makes a 2.35:1 movie fill the entire screen, and most importantly, they look really good. Plus, they'll work easily with your Mitsu TV remote. Incidentally, the difference between the two is that the 8020 plays CDRs and DVD-audio discs.

The Mitsu 4020 DVD player is a P.O.S., but I believe Toshiba actually makes the 6020 and the 8020, and you won't find many people with bad things to say about Tosh's DVD players. Worth a look, since you have the Mitsu TV on the way. Have fun with your TV!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks