What's new

I can't display progressive scan on my NEC LT154 pj (1 Viewer)

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Got my first progressive scan DVD player for christmas - the Pioneer DV-563A. I'm using a breakout cable (component end hooked up to DVD player, VGA end hooked up to projector).

I set it to output a progressive signal but I get a green screen. Interlaced works fine. I know the projector can accept progessive signals and it's set to auto detect the type of signal coming in.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Shawn Keeler

Stunt Coordinator
Andres,
i have a NEC LT150z. I know on mine in the set up menu I have to set the input to "Auto" so it will accept 1080i, 720p, 480p, and etc. I would probably check your settings on the projector and make sure that the component video is the only one you are using on the DVD player when trying to display progressive scan signals. I hope that helped even though it was basic advice.
Shawn

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Shawn. My projector is set on "auto" and there's only one connection from the DVD player to it with the breakout cable.

Ian-Fl

Second Unit
I saw this a couple of weeks ago someone asked me to fix the problem with their NEC projector. After reseting and checking the menu I noticed they had accidently plugged the VGA end into the "RGB OUT" instead of "RGB IN".

Shawn Keeler

Stunt Coordinator
I have seen that also Ian. Pesky Menus!!! I know I had a fairly good success when I read the directions. I am a typical male. Directions!?! I don't need know stinky directions!
Shawn

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks