What's new

I bought my berhinger today, I need test tones (1 Viewer)

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
Went to the local pro-sound shop and bought the feedback destroyer for my blueprint 1503 based design. Since the Sub is not finished yet and the amp is being repaired anyway I was going to use the eq for my current sub.(energy microstar 12.1 servo)

I don't have a credit card so I can't order off the internet(My future mother in law let me use hers it for the 1503). I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could download some test tones so I can get some measurements.

I thought maybe I could just burn a cd with the test tones on it though I'm not sure if the quality of the recording affects the accuracy of the measurements. Also what type of tone do I use? I've heard of sine wave, warble tone but I'm not sure on what to use. I think It should be 1/6 octave. TIA

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Ask and ye shall receive.
Link Removed
Unrar that bad boy and you're all set. Test tones at -12dB from 2Hz to 99Hz. They are sine waves. They burn up real nice on a CD. 001.wav is a 1kHz test tone at -12dB (useful for setting a certain level before you get to the actual test tones and damage something).
Seth

Cam S

Screenwriter
What about all the ones available on the page where the Sonosub gallery is.
Also, here is a link you will find very usefull as well, I burnt a 99 track cd with these.
Link Removed

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
This is great. I looked everywhere and could not find any. Thanks again. After work I'll get this thing a rollin. I forgot about that sonotube link.

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
Well i did some quick tests using my rat shack spl metre. I got the digital one cause it was on sale and they were out of the analog. The sub(for now) is an Energy Microstar 12.1. Its a servo-controlled 1500watt sealed 12" sub. Energy recently discontinued the sub due to some copy right infrigement on the amp they use. complements of bob carver.

Anyway, My room is odd ball shaped and the sub is in the corner up by the mains. The crossover on the sub is 100hz. I used c-weighting and slow response. all values are corrected.

25hz-67db

28hz-84db

32hz-85db

36hz-84.5

40hz-88.5

45hz-89db

50hz-89.5

56hz-89.5

from 56hz-72hz it is +or- 8db so that is my main concern

63hz-95.5

(the peak is centered at61-62hz but I don't have corrected values for that freq.)

from 73-93 it is +or-3db with a small peak at 94hz. I'm pretty satisfied with the sub but want more low end punch as can be seen. It seem like there is a highpass filter after 30hz. Either that or the servo is making sure the woofer doesn't pass it's excursion limits.

So what bands should I use on the berhinger?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks