What's new

Hypex active home amps? (1 Viewer)

David Giesbrecht

Second Unit
Has anybody on the forum used these amps they look very promising, they would make designing 3 ways way simpler thats for sure. If anybodys got more info or has used them please post away.:)

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
Hypex amps are very well regarded. Adire carries them. I don't think anyone's gone the active speaker route (preferring instead to use a central amplifier that isn't built into the back of the speakers) so you might not find much user information about them. The thing is, if you decide to change your speakers, you will need to buy an amplifier to power them as well. If you have a speaker design that is such that you know you will not feel the upgrade bug for a long time, then go ahead and try the ActiveHome amplifers.

David Giesbrecht

Second Unit
I don't know if anyone can answer this but I'll ask anyhow.
If your playing back a source that does not require alot of power to be sent to your tweeter is that power availible for the woofer and mid? The reason I ask is I know the M&K monitors are set up this way and it makes alot of sense to be that way.

Joel X

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think tweeters ever require a lot of power. There is nothing to move. Just think of what power source is used for so many annoying high pitched devices and how loud some of them are. And how long do batteries last in a portable stereo? Now imagine if the portable radio had a subwoofer... It just takes more power to make the big long pressure waves.

The short answer to your question is: If the tweeter isn't using the power the mid is more than welcome to use it.

David Giesbrecht

Second Unit
The reason I wasn't sure was the Hypex amps actually have 3 amplifiers in them. But I guess if they all share the same transformer, all of the availible power could be sent to the woofer if need be.

THX

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks