What's new

Hum and circuits (1 Viewer)

Dennis Jacob

Agent
Hello, well I've got a question that has ground loop noise, which is typical with multiple circuits or plugs around the room. My situation is that I have a lot of gear, and a lot of monoblock amps for dedicated 2 channel and 7.2 surround. Because of all the gear, I have three circuits. All 3 circuits have their plugs sitting next to each other and in one case sharing a duplex box. Would I be able to hook up all three circuits ground connectors and defeat the ground loop? Would this be advisable code or electronically? I don't want to use 10 cheater plugs for all the amps. Thanks
------------------

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
The grounding wires on the three circuits should already be connected to each other back at the breaker box. Are all three circuits located on the same side of the breaker box? This should help kill ground loop problems.
That's all I can think of. I'm sure somebody more knowledgeable then me will come up with something else.
------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

Dennis Jacob

Agent
All three circuits are grounded at the circuit box, and all three are on the same leg too. But there is a good 40 or 50 feet of wire between the outlets and the circuit box.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks